Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Worst olines last week

I must admit I figured Ravens would have a bad oline but after one week I was pleasantly surprised. Saying that there are some terrible terrible olines out there right now. Maybe some of them get better or they just had bad match ups but here's the worst couple I saw. Feel free to add to the list.

Houston- maybe the worst I've ever seen
    Gb
    Sea
    Cin
    Nor
    Nyg
    Sdg - only watched the first qtr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Worst olines last week

Seattle are always bad... Ross Tucker bought up an interesting point about how they have refused to ever address the OL in recent time. Just goes to show that Oz isn't the only successful GM not to address the offense as much. Not trying to excuse it it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Seattle are always bad... Ross Tucker bought up an interesting point about how they have refused to ever address the OL in recent time. Just goes to show that Oz isn't the only successful GM not to address the offense as much. Not trying to excuse it it is wrong.
    Hell, they traded away a pretty good OL in Unger for what has essentially been an expensive luxury guy in Jimmy Graham.

Speaking of Graham, crazy how he was in the convo with Gronk for best TE's in the game (those 2 were clearly the best 2) when he was in NO, in Seattle, he's just been "good". Hasn't been utilized nearly to the extent that he was in NO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Both the Saints and Seahawks lost their starting Left Tackles and the Texans continues to hold out. That's exactly where they all were beat again and again. Almost anyone who is a good Left Tackle is starting. The gap between those guys and the backup swing Tackles is huge. LT is one position that no team can afford to lose.

Blog Entries

The Seahawks address the OL but they do it in the late rounds of the draft. Pete Carroll has said for years that you can find offensive lineman in any round and then coach them up. The Seahawks also try to convert a defensive prospect into an o-lineman every year as a project.

I thought last year all this really started to catch up with them. Their OL for the first half of the year was atrocious. They did get better but Wilson got the snot kicked out of him.

If it weren't for Wilson's ability to scramble around, they'd have no chance. A pocket QB with limited mobility would get destroy their offense.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If it weren't for Wilson's ability to scramble around, they'd have no chance. A pocket QB with limited mobility would get destroy their offense.
    Even if Wilson had a good pocket though, his height would cause some problems. A Pro Bowl line like the Cowboys would almost be a waste on him. He's not going to just stand back and deliver the ball. You're going to move him around, get him out of the pocket, take advantage of his speed, give him some open sight lanes.

I can't say I agree with neglecting your o-line, but when you have a QB like Wilson it is much less of a priority than if you have a statue at QB.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

The Texans Oline was rough to watch

Blog Entries

Keep hearing that the Cleveland OL is good? They looked awful vs Pitt

Blog Entries

Did they have some injuries during training camp or just not play well together. Honestly line play was pretty brutal this week. Due to lack of hitting in camp maybe?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Worst olines last week

I looked it up and Kizer was sacked seven times for 42 yards. Browns also only rushed for 57 yards on 25 carries (2.3 ypc). These stats bode well for the Ravens defense, at home wanting to show Baltimore what it's got, but poorly for our next opponent in those ugly uniforms... Bc

There aren't 32 starting-caliber QBs in the league...let alone 32 good ones.
    Likewise, there aren't 32 good OLs in the league...let alone 32...or even 16 (at the conference level) that can have their way with any solid defensive front.

Certainly, the better GMs and staffs are well-aware of this.
    It would in part explain Ozzie's laser focus on trying to roll a top-5 defense out there each week.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver