Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Worst olines last week

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Disagree what's Pittsburghs Dallas or Oaklands made up of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both Pittsburgh and Oakland are starting LTs that were undrafted free agents that they signed in free agency from another team. Oakland's RT is a 7th Round pick from last year. Gabe Jackson and Rodney Hudson are 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Dallas is the only team that rolls out 3 of their own first round picks on the oline. T Smith, Frederick and Z Martin. Cooper has been a hot mess after being a first round pick by Arizona. Collins was an UDFA that would have been a first rounder. Dallas certainly invested in the Oline and it is paying dividends. Their Dline and secondary are somewhat a hot mess. It did not show up in week 1 but it did cost them last year. The team is not balanced at all. We will see if that formula works for them this year.

Bottom line is that the Ravens Oline make up is not much different than any other team with a good oline. The difference the last few years is the Ravens have had poor oline coaching and bad luck with injuries. It only took one game with Roman on the staff for the oline to show at least some ability to run block. That was with an oline that did not play together the entire pre season. Keep in mind it was against a very good defensive front as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I would not use Stanley as a reference. When the Monroe issues came up, it was clear the Ravens needed a LT badly. Otherwise, IMO we would have drafted DeForest Buckner (DE), who went to the 49ers one pick later. Alex Lewis was a good use of a 4th round pick, but keep in mind we had let KO go free. This year we let Wagner walk and didn't attempt to fill RT until the 11th hour... Bc
    Our LT was a first round pick. How can you not use that? If they would have drafted a DB last year in the first round they would have drafted a LT in the first round this past year and we would still have a 1st rd LT. See how that works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Our LT was a first round pick. How can you not use that? If they would have drafted a DB last year in the first round they would have drafted a LT in the first round this past year and we would still have a 1st rd LT. See how that works.
    Who? There wasent a LT where we picked unless I'm forgetting someone

Garrett Bolles is starting for Denver.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I don't have any comments about the O, just wanted to get to my 2,000th post.

That is all. Now we return and our regularly scheduled programming.

Doesn't matter because we are playing make believe and revisionist history. The fact is our starting LT was a 1st rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I don't have any comments about the O, just wanted to get to my 2,000th post.

That is all. Now we return and our regularly scheduled programming.
    yeaaa buddy lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    yeaaa buddy lol
    1,800 were bitching about Pees! Hell, maybe 1,900 of them were!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    1,800 were bitching about Pees! Hell, maybe 1,900 of them were!
    lol no bitching about pees this week, that mfer got some talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol no bitching about pees this week, that mfer got some talent.
    Don't think we ever really knocked his intelligence
    the knocks were his system mis-using people and and slow to see how to correct a problem when the opposite OC solved his game plan.

I've been quiet this week for sure ... have noticed in the past that Pees always seemed to do better after the bye ... the game where he had 2 weeks to prepare for.

Cincy he had 2 weeks, Harbaugh basically said the last after pre-season game three, that the starters wouldn't play and be getting ready for the 10th.
    There was nothing exotic that last preseason game, the announcers (Billick) were repeating that this game that this game was to see the execution of those fighting for a job.
    So we saw Cincy with Pees having 2 weeks to prepare.

Have to build on it this week.
    The questions in my mind are
    1- does Pees finally have the round pegs for his round holes?
    2- can he roll out an adjusted system to do the same to Cleveland in one week instead of 2?

I'm not bitching, thoroughly enjoyed watching the game the second time through also.
    Still have a lot of past negative experiences to be put to rest by a one game current trend (Jefferson, Carr and all the other additions)

One week's worth of game tape is out for OCs to begin dissection ... the talking heads were chewing on Correa last week and how he would be picked on ... remains to be seen what someone will see studying the film

But as you say, we are basking in a nice warm glow this week ...no bitchin'
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Don't think we ever really knocked his intelligence
    the knocks were his system mis-using people and and slow to see how to correct a problem when the opposite OC solved his game plan.

I've been quiet this week for sure ... have noticed in the past that Pees always seemed to do better after the bye ... the game where he had 2 weeks to prepare for.

Cincy he had 2 weeks, Harbaugh basically said the last after pre-season game three, that the starters wouldn't play and be getting ready for the 10th.
    There was nothing exotic that last preseason game, the announcers (Billick) were repeating that this game that this game was to see the execution of those fighting for a job.
    So we saw Cincy with Pees having 2 weeks to prepare.

Have to build on it this week.
    The questions in my mind are
    1- does Pees finally have the round pegs for his round holes?
    2- can he roll out an adjusted system to do the same to Cleveland in one week instead of 2?

I'm not bitching, thoroughly enjoyed watching the game the second time through also.
    Still have a lot of past negative experiences to be put to rest by a one game current trend (Jefferson, Carr and all the other additions)

One week's worth of game tape is out for OCs to begin dissection ... the talking heads were chewing on Correa last week and how he would be picked on ... remains to be seen what someone will see studying the film

But as you say, we are basking in a nice warm glow this week ...no bitchin'
    agreed, my problem with pees is just that. But i always said he coaches to his resume, you give elite talent he fields a good defense, you give him average talent he fields a below average defense.