Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cleveland Browns

Sounds like there's optimism in Cleveland. They only lost to the Steelers by 3 and one of the Steelers TDs was a blocked punt. I think Joe will have to throw it more with Cleveland's front 7 looking pretty good. They shut down Le'veon Bell. Our D should be able to handle their run game and they have a rookie QB. But, Cleveland has always played us tough and no doubt they'll be a much bigger test than Cinci ended up being.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index..._promiser.html

Blog Entries

Re: Cleveland Browns

Hue Jackson works well with young Qbs.

CLE doesn't have it better in any skill position that Cincy, but may have a better o-line. That's it. They didn't get better than Cincy magically. Cincy just ran headlong into the Ravens D. ... NEXT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    CLE doesn't have it better in any skill position that Cincy, but may have a better o-line. That's it. They didn't get better than Cincy magically. Cincy just ran headlong into the Ravens D. ... NEXT!
    LOL that's what I'm telling folks, cincy isn't a bad team nor are they being exposed this fucking defense is special, plain and simple. They had no answer for it on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Sounds like there's optimism in Cleveland. They only lost to the Steelers by 3 and one of the Steelers TDs was a blocked punt. I think Joe will have to throw it more with Cleveland's front 7 looking pretty good. They shut down Le'veon Bell. Our D should be able to handle their run game and they have a rookie QB. But, Cleveland has always played us tough and no doubt they'll be a much bigger test than Cinci ended up being.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index..._promiser.html
    Their D is improved after last year, but this was only game one. Neither team could run.

Blog Entries

The Browns have an exciting rookie QB. Kizer isn't the usual dud these guys usually draft at that position. The Steelers completely shut down the Browns running game and the rookie didn't panic and start making a ton of mistakes. He attacked through the air and threw a TD to Corey Coleman to have a shot at winning. That o-line they spent so much on played very well too. The Ravens defense is going to have to be patient. I don't think they'll have someone forcing the ball the way Dalton did.

7. Re: Cleveland Browns

Myles Garrett being out that game may have been the difference in why the Browns lost to PIT.

Rookie quarterbacks don't fare well against us.

hope springs eternal in Believeland.

Blog Entries

Big Ben's thoughts on Kizer. Did Cleveland finally find a QB?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...rspective.html

Blog Entries

To me this game is so set-up for a Ravens victory. (1) The game is in Baltimore, (2) we just got finished shutting out the Bengals with a superior, motivated defense, (3) we are relatively healthy, (4) ours is clearly the better team. Of course anything can happen, that's why there are upsets, but my mind tells me to relax :

perhaps you should too... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    CLE ... didn't get better than Cincy magically. Cincy just ran headlong into the Ravens D. ... NEXT!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't think they'll have someone forcing the ball the way Dalton did.
    GOTA, I tend to agree with this. Cincy did a bunch of things--or failed to do a bunch of things--that left me scratching my head. I was surprised they didn't do more to take away the Ravens running game, for instance, given Flacco's lack of preparation time coming into the game, and an untested back. Did the loss of PacMan scare them that badly?

While I have been saying this is going to be a run-first Ravens offense to set up the pass I'm a bit surprised the Bengals just let the Ravens proceed with that plan.

Although, that said, when the Bengals went cover-zero to stop the run Flacco audibled into the slant to Maclin, who scored easily once Watson screened the only defender who could stop the play--an easy score against that defense. (even for "a receiver with terrible hands!")

Regarding the Raven defensive showing, I'm surprised the Bengals didn't do more to try to slow/stop Suggs off the edge. And I'm even more surprised Dalton forced throws to covered receivers rather than go through his progressions. He missed open tight ends and RBs out of the backfield with the Ravens LBs taking such deep drops. The Bengals never adjusted.

I credit the Ravens, but can't expect teams to play right into their hands every week.