Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Drew Brees contract situation could play a role in what happens with Sean Payton. Brees has a clause in his contract where he can block the Saints tagging him.
    this brees's last year on his contract I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    this brees's last year on his contract I think.
    Correct

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Know what Jim (?) Let's let CincyCat, the die-hard Bengals fan on our board, decide. Shall we... Bc
    Just catching up to this thread. I actually find merit in both of your opinions. I defended Marvin for a long long time, but fans here are fatigued. There does seem to be a lack of discipline and a longing for a Forrest Gregg/Sam Wyche type coach. It's unheard of for a team to keep a coach this long without a playoff win, but Marvin is well respected by at least half of our fans. The other half wants him run out of town.

You know the old saying, "You Can't Fire the Whole Team". Maybe it's time for a fresh face if nothing else. Bengals fans are tired of losing, especially when we go to 5 straight playoffs.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Just catching up to this thread. I actually find merit in both of your opinions. I defended Marvin for a long long time, but fans here are fatigued. There does seem to be a lack of discipline and a longing for a Forrest Gregg/Sam Wyche type coach. It's unheard of for a team to keep a coach this long without a playoff win, but Marvin is well respected by at least half of our fans. The other half wants him run out of town.

You know the old saying, "You Can't Fire the Whole Team". Maybe it's time for a fresh face if nothing else. Bengals fans are tired of losing, especially when we go to 5 straight playoffs.
    CC, thanks for the assessment. If I was a Bengals fan my attitude would be to change coaching direction. While Marvin is a good man, he apparently cannot bring his team but just so far... Bc

This thread begs an important question for our team: where do the fired HCs go? How about Pagano or Starvin Marvin as the Ravens DC?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

I'd hire Pagano in a minute and bring Ed Reed in too for 2018. Give Dan his Gold Watch, and move on....

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    This thread begs an important question for our team: where do the fired HCs go? How about Pagano or Starvin Marvin as the Ravens DC?
    As much as I'd like either one, I'd be reluctant to hire them. We'd be in a similar position as we were with Kubiak. If they were successful, then they would get scooped up for a head coaching gig. They'd be here for a year and then we'd be left looking for another defensive coordinator.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

That is a very good thought to bring up, but a difficult one to answer. I would love to have Pagano back here as the DC, but I wonder if Harbaugh and Pees are tied at the hip. We're not happy with Pees, but he hasn't done bad enough with the defenses to universally warrant his removal. Sad to say.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Id rather bring in a younger guy, maybe promote within, although I don't know what possibilities we have on our coaching staff.

I always felt like there was something in the front office in Cincy, and even though Marvin is not to blame, it is time for him to go (with others in the front office) if for no other reason than stop accepting sustained failure

As I've read the last couple posts, a thought just keeps creeping in. If nothing else, the players like Marvin. IF (big if) he were let go mid-season, what do you think would happen to that locker room? Especially with guys like Pacman and Burfict. There is already a lack of discipline as you note, and I wonder is that Marvin not enforcing any discipline? Or is it such a powder keg that what we've seen is actually Marvin with some sort of discipline?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I always felt like there was something in the front office in Cincy, and even though Marvin is not to blame, it is time for him to go (with others in the front office) if for no other reason than stop accepting sustained failure
    Good points, BB. Even if you can't quite put your finger on the problem, you know there is one. So, change is the way to go. While there is always a risk associated with change, it seems a risk worth taking for the Bengals... Bc