Page 1 of 52 123 ... LastLast

Coachwatch - Black Monday & 2018 Off Season

too early? nah.

...HOT SEATS
    1) Coach Pagano, Indy. I know Luck is out, but blown out by the iffy Rams? getting fired would be a mercy, they need a restart.

2) O'Brien, Houston. emotional home opener...and give up ten sacks to the Jags. system error.

3) Gruden, D.C. division home opener lost. all that money to the QB. and not a patient owner.

...WARM SEAT
    Coach Marvin. going in wrong direction.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 09-11-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

No coach gets fired because of game 1 however if they did then Pagano should be gone. That Indy team just didn't come out to play. It wasn't just the horrible QB play. The defense was also destroyed by Jared Goff. In one offseason Goff went from Kyle Boller to Brett Favre. That doesn't happen against a real defense.

Marvin Lewis is not getting fired. He's in the last year of his contract and will retire at the end of the year.

Bill O'Brien is in over his head. If not for his defense and such a crappy division he'd have been fired. The guy keeps trying to run the NE offense but he doesn't realize that Brady is not under center. If he could coach differently he'd have developed a QB friendly system. He's ruined almost all the QB's he's had. Hope he doesn't do it to DeShaun.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    too early? nah.

...HOT SEATS
    1) Coach Pagano, Indy. I know Luck is out, but blown out by the iffy Rams? getting fired would be a mercy, they need a restart.

2) O'Brien, Houston. emotional home opener...and give up ten sacks to the Jags. system error.

3) Gruden, D.C. division home opener lost. all that money to the QB. and not a patient owner.

...WARM SEAT
    Coach Marvin. going in wrong direction.
    I would cautious anyone that says the Rams are iffy. They have had sub par coaching for several years, and skill position issues. They have drafted in the top 15% over the past decade, and now you are starting to see that combined with some good WR additions, Watkins and Koop will be strong compliments to Gurley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    too early? nah.

...HOT SEATS
    I like Coach Pagano, but Indy is, well still the city that took the Colts. Glad to see them finally getting their due after years of Peyton Manning and then sucking for Luck.

Blog Entries

John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Marvin Lewis is not getting fired. He's in the last year of his contract and will retire at the end of the year.
    Lewis is only 59, a little young to retire. The Bengals may not resign him, or another team may not hire him, but it's my feeling he will want to continue his career if just to prove he can win a playoff game... Bc

Gruden is fine, he has lost every opening game as a head coach. Pagano won't make it through the bye week if the Colts don't turn it around.

Blog Entries

Marvin gotta be on the hot seat this year... his players looked like they gave up mid-way through the game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Marvin gotta be on the hot seat this year... his players looked like they gave up mid-way through the game yesterday.
    In a normal universe, Marvin would have been on the hot seat for several years for never advancing in the playoffs with all of that talent. But Mike Brown doesn't live in a normal universe, and he's had no intention of paying a new coach while still paying Marvin's contract.

But now that Marvin is in his last year, he's toast after Week 17.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Marvin won't be fired. He just won't be re-hired after this season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I am going to throw out a name that i dont know how plausible it is, but maybe more so wishful thinking. Depending on how this year goes, i could see Payton being on the hot seat, not sure about fired though. He hasnt had a winning season in three years, some times a change of scenery is needed. While im a Harbs supporter, no question id rather have Payton here, obviously the chances are pretty slim