Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Lewis is only 59, a little young to retire. The Bengals may not resign him, or another team may not hire him, but it's my feeling he will want to continue his career if just to prove he can win a playoff game... Bc
    I could see Marvin being a hot DC hire next year. Maybe he goes to Minnesota or Washington to play for his former coordinators? He's a popular guy

pagano has the deck against him.
    luck out, O line injuries (c,T), D injuries, bad picks

Blog Entries

I don't think O'Brien is in any real danger. Never had a losing record with the Texans, playoffs the past two years, playing with a rookie QB now. Unless they just bottom out completely, I think he's pretty secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Marvin gotta be on the hot seat this year... his players looked like they gave up mid-way through the game yesterday.
    Marvin gave up more than his players did .......

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Indeed. Down 20-0, 9 minutes left, in Ravens' territory ... and punt. Whiskey Tango?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    yup.

Blog Entries

I think at least three out of the 4 are fired only one safe might be Gruden. Honestly it would be best for D.C. To get a top 10 pick and let Cousins go. No way I'd pay him 30 million a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even mentioning John Harbaugh as a possibility at this point is ridiculous. He'd have to have a repeat of 2015 for that to even be a possibility.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I could see Marvin being a hot DC hire next year. Maybe he goes to Minnesota or Washington to play for his former coordinators? He's a popular guy
    GOTA, good points. I think he was originally hired prematurely because of the Ravens vaunted defense. Marvin is a good man "YES", and good DC "YES", but IMO he has never been a really good Head Coach... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Marvin is a good man "YES", and good DC "YES", but IMO he has never been a really good Head Coach.
    I disagree so strongly with that opinion that I have trouble being polite about it.

Check out the Bengals record from the 12 seasons before Marvin got there, and compare it with the Marvin era. Marvin created a functional NFL franchise where none existed before. He's proven to be a great HC; and if the Steelers don't cheap-shot Carson Palmer's knee in his first postseason game after the 2005 season, we wouldn't be talking about Marvin's playoff record.

If Marvin becomes unemployed this offseason, there are 10 NFL teams that should be rushing to be the first one to call him. Probably won't happen that way: this is the same league where Marty Schottenheimer got fired three times, and some people don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame. But just because there is rampant stupidity in the NFL, does not mean Marvin is not an excellent Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No coach gets fired because of game 1 however if they did then Pagano should be gone. That Indy team just didn't come out to play. It wasn't just the horrible QB play. The defense was also destroyed by Jared Goff. In one offseason Goff went from Kyle Boller to Brett Favre. That doesn't happen against a real defense.
    I feel the same about the Houston team that I saw yesterday. Talk about a team not prepared on both sides of the ball. They looked like they didn't even practice this summer.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I disagree so strongly with that opinion that I have trouble being polite about it.

Check out the Bengals record from the 12 seasons before Marvin got there, and compare it with the Marvin era. Marvin created a functional NFL franchise where none existed before. He's proven to be a great HC; and if the Steelers don't cheap-shot Carson Palmer's knee in his first postseason game after the 2005 season, we wouldn't be talking about Marvin's playoff record.

If Marvin becomes unemployed this offseason, there are 10 NFL teams that should be rushing to be the first one to call him. Probably won't happen that way: this is the same league where Marty Schottenheimer got fired three times, and some people don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame. But just because there is rampant stupidity in the NFL, does not mean Marvin is not an excellent Head Coach.
    Jimmy, check out Marvin Lewis' record since he got to Cincy : 14 years, 7 playoffs (50% of his tenure), and ZERO playoff wins! Do you think any other NFL franchise would allow that for such a long period? I don't, and his overall regular season record is 118 - 103 (.531). Your "Check out the Bengals record from the 12 seasons before Marvin got there, and compare it with the Marvin era" is so archaic that I don't even know how to respond to it... Bc