Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone still want to skewer Ozzie for rebuilding the defense?

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Yeah, not close.

If we let Williams walk and signed Wagner and kept Jernigan instead, you'd be surprised how little pressure Jernigan gets when he doesn't have a mammoth man doing the dirty work for him.

Same thing in Philly... playing next to Fletcher Cox will make anybody look good.
    He's played pretty well in the last two games when Cox got hurt and was out.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    He's played pretty well in the last two games when Cox got hurt and was out.
    Cool. He's also in a 4-3 with different responsibilities that fit his skill set.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jimmy is having his best season ever. Carr holding it down too, it's just that carr gets exposed on longer passes.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    And you're not getting either of those guys unless you give up an additional 1st round pick in order to do it, since we're not a position for them to fall to us.

If you're picking 6th, you either need a QB, or you need better players at multiple levels. Bringing in an additional, non-QB player at that price tag isn't going to make your team much better in the long run.
    Huh? It was written that the cost to move up was a 3rd round pick and Ozzie passed. Where do you get a 1st rounder?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Huh? It was written that the cost to move up was a 3rd round pick and Ozzie passed. Where do you get a 1st rounder?
    1. The Cowboys aren't swapping picks with us if they think we're coming up to get Elliott. They're doing it because they know we want Ramsey (which we did), and that the Cowboys can still get Elliott at #6.

2. If you want Bosa, who went 3rd overall, that means you have to get ahead of the Chargers, meaning you need to move up from #6 to #2. That, I can guarantee, would cost at least an additional first rounder.

Basically if you wanted either of those players, you have to move into the top 3. You're looking at least at an early 2nd rounder to move from 6 to 3, and to move to #2, its a mid-1st rounder at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Huh? (to bravens23) It was written that the cost to move up was a 3rd round pick and Ozzie passed. Where do you get a 1st rounder?
    In my recollection, esmd is correct. I believe Ozzie offered a 4th, but was turned down because they wanted a 3rd... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In my recollection, esmd is correct. I believe Ozzie offered a 4th, but was turned down because they wanted a 3rd... Bc
    Read my post above. Dallas isn't agreeing to that trade if they think we're going after Zeke.

Blog Entries

Better question would be does anyone still think this was the way to rebuild?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Jimmy is having his best season ever. Carr holding it down too, it's just that carr gets exposed on longer passes.
    I bet he gets no hardware for it.

LOL
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Yeaaaaaaah........talk about a mirage. These guys suck.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL
    Lol. You're just going to keep this thread alive to laugh at it on a weekly basis now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore