Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis talking about Kap

Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown#21 View Post
    Yep on the Ravens end, and your offended by pig socks? Lol, and you worried about his GF tweet? You got excuses for Kaep what about the Ravens who refused to make a decision on the matter. Remember most of the fan base we don't want a distraction and boy the fan base got one from a retired former player before the first game of the season i.e. Like the Ray Rice video. History repeats itself
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kaepernick issue an apology for his girlfriend's Tweets?

If so, then clearly he is aware that her being a dumbass was not ok. He should dump that broad. She's bad news.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown#21 View Post
    It is a distraction, point blank period and before the first game of the season. How isn't this a distraction?
    I don't give a flying eff if it distracts you, your family, the media, the White House, or Kim Jong Un. As log as it doesn't distract the Ravens players and coaches, it's irrelevant. And I'm sure the players and coaches are way too busy doing their jobs to give a rat's ass about anything Ray says.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I still don't even know where you stand on all this. I just don't think it will be an issue to actual football fans once the season kicks off, but rather the social justice warrior morons will still be whining.
    Some of the antics are over the top, but I hardly think people fighting for social justice are morons.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Ray Lewis is the best tap dancer since Gregory Hines and is the biggest yessir boss in the country! Ray be warning players not to cross the gun line!!!
    Pretty typical that any black person that doesn't abide by the Jessie Jackson/Al Sharpton rhetoric is labeled a "yessir boss" or Uncle Tom.

Everybody is a victim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    So you don't think pig socks are offensive to police officers and their families?

Well, they fucking are. Sorry to enlighten you to that fact.

It's not "emotionally fragile" to not like pig socks when they put their ass on the line for people that don't give a shit about themselves, let alone others.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Some of the antics are over the top, but I hardly think people fighting for social justice are morons.
    There is a difference between social justice warriors and people for fighting for social justice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Social Justice, at least in today's format, is counter intuitive and counter productive. You can literally defame someone horribly online for their actions or really anything if you disagree with them, all under the guise of "social justice". You can oust them to their places of employment, family, etc. It's no different than cyber bullying...That's not justice.

Justice is sentencing a murderer to prison. You know, for actually breaking a law. SJW's are all self-proclaimed victims. It's nonsense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    So you don't think pig socks are offensive to police officers and their families?

Well, they fucking are. Sorry to enlighten you to that fact.

It's not "emotionally fragile" to not like pig socks when they put their ass on the line for people that don't give a shit about themselves, let alone others.

I don't agree that someone's clothing should offend someone to the point where they become discriminatory or, potentially, violent.

It's socks.

You can't sweat the small stuff.

Blog Entries

another example how social media can cost you a job, the fact of the matter is this shouldn't even be an issue anymore it's fucking 2017 but Murica out here acting like it's the 1950's and 60's again smfh...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't agree that someone's clothing should offend someone to the point where they become discriminatory or, potentially, violent.

It's socks.

You can't sweat the small stuff.
    Sure.

But that doesn't mean they aren't offensive.

And I'm one that isn't a fan of our overly sensitive society.

But I know not all cops are bad. And I know that they go through some heavy duty shit attempting to help others.

So to me, I do find pig socks as being justifiably offensive. But I have a police officer in my family. So maybe I'm more sensitive to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Sunday can't come fast enough because whether we win, lose, or tie people will *finally* have other things to bitch about. Flacco is back so I don't know why this is still a conversation.

::fast forward 48 hours and I bet this thread will be at least 15 pages long::
    I'd love to agree but I can't other than the part about the fast forwarding.
    There are people out there (and on here) that would still want to make this an issue even if Ryan Mallett took us to and won the freakin' Superbowl.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Not sure how I feel about Ray going public. Not sure if maybe he didn't do it on behalf of the Ravens. But I believe his general account of how things went down.

Here's what I think happened. The Ravens cleared cap space to make room for Kaepernick when they redid Jimmy Smith's deal on 8/10. That's money they never really ended up using; they only brought in a couple of fringe offensive linemen.

Harbaugh on his own brought up the topic of Kaepernick as an obvious trial balloon. They were sold on him being an upgrade over Mallett but Bisciotti wanted to gauge fan reaction. They determined they could get away with the move if, and only if, Kaepernick was willing to go public with a mea culpa and denounce some of his actions, one way or another. I believe that was part of the negotiation to bring him here, and yeah, Bisciotti probably asked Ray his opinion, because he's big on getting a lot of input from various perspectives.

The "ask" of Kaepernick was probably a bit humbling and embarrassing and a tough decision that he didn't want to make. I believe his girlfriend--wanting to protect him--flew off the handle and attacked Bisciottti and Ray with her social media top.

At that point, she blew the deal. There was not coming back from that.

Ray is basically telling the truth.