Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ray Lewis talking about Kap

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ra...ium=socialflow

According to Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL, the Ravens didn't sign free agent Colin Kaepernick because of a "racist gesture" she posted on Twitter last month.

There's a lot to unpack here. "We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it. Then, his [girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?' ... We were going to close the deal to sign him. And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." The picture can be seen at the following link. It sounds like a fabricated story to give the Ravens an excuse.

Re: Ray Lewis talking about Kap

Then the Ravens are stupid as hell! His woman ain't got nothing to do with him. And Ray is Steven from Django!

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Then the Ravens are stupid as hell! His woman ain't got nothing to do with him. And Ray is Steven from Django!
    I'm taking the bait. Please illuminate us how Ray is Stephen from Django as the tweet depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm taking the bait. Please illuminate us how Ray is Stephen from Django as the tweet depicted.
    Cause he the conductor on the Train!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Come on man. Have you been in Siberia the last 5 years? I guess you missed how this organization stood by Ray Rice and then had to drop him when his love spat video turned out to be him cold cocking then standing there remorseless with a blank stare over his unconscious fiances body. Is that equivalent to what Kapernick did. No not even close. It's what happened next that makes the situation relevant. Ray Rice then got together with a sleazy lawer and teamed up with ESPN to write a hit piece trashing the Ravens and savaging Biscioitti. This organization is still suffering from the damage Ray Rice inflicted with all our "boy scout" drafting and hires.

My feelings are summed up here nicely by Steven A Smith below.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20604316

If she is going to send that tweet, how long before she starts going after other team mates or sabotaging Flacco i.e. "The only reason he's starting is he's white...etc. etc.".

How can you separate the man from his partner when she is dumb enough to send out a viscous tweet trashing her boyfriends prospective employer? He wasn't even signed yet and she couldn't keep from sending out an offensive tweet.

It was a dumb thing for her to do and if you can't see that and how her actions could be extrapolated into future trouble than that's your problem. What Smith is saying is Kap did nothing to mitigate it either which is not good.

I like Kap too. I wanted us to be the team that signed him but I can see how this may have tipped things the other way especially if you look at it through the lens of the Ray Rice betrayal. I think that hurt Bisciotti a lot and he was like, no thanks, never again.

Blog Entries

Sorry. I have been pulling for Kaep this entire time but some things are just dumb. Teams already view the guy as a PR nightmare, why the hell would you add fuel to the fire? The pictures she posted were tasteless and had nothing to do with the cause she is "fighting" for. It was completely immature and unnecessary. It sucks for Kaep because he ultimately didn't do anything wrong but dude needs to surround himself with more mature people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Sorry. I have been pulling for Kaep this entire time but some things are just dumb. Teams already view the guy as a PR nightmare, why the hell would you add fuel to the fire? The pictures she posted were tasteless and had nothing to do with the cause she is "fighting" for. It was completely immature and unnecessary. It sucks for Kaep because he ultimately didn't do anything wrong but dude needs to surround himself with more mature people.
    Wait, it's not a good idea to allow your entourage to compare your prospective employer to a slave owner?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Gotta go along with you on this Corey. Kaep was teetering on the edge to begin with, so any ill wind was going to blow him off NFL team offers. Apparently he was "this close" to signing with the Ravens until his GF's tweet. Too bad for him because this could sound the end of his NFL career at 29 (30 in November)... Bc

Ray Lewis been on the train this is nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy Supreme View Post
    Ray Lewis been on the train this is nothing new.

The train is coming and Ray is the conductor! But what about black on black crime! Lol. Ray exposed his self for the world to see.

The train is coming and Ray is the conductor! But what about black on black crime! Lol. Ray exposed his self for the world to see.
    The typical train conductor cop out. I can't stand it. I salute Kaep for standing up for our people suffering from injustice at the hands of the law. Due to that he can't get a job & don't wanna hear oh it's his play it's terrible, yet he's better than some of these starting qbs & also our shitty backup.

Blog Entries

His gf is everything that's wrong with society today