Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Ray Lewis talking about Kap

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ra...ium=socialflow

According to Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL, the Ravens didn't sign free agent Colin Kaepernick because of a "racist gesture" she posted on Twitter last month.

There's a lot to unpack here. "We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it. Then, his [girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?' ... We were going to close the deal to sign him. And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." The picture can be seen at the following link. It sounds like a fabricated story to give the Ravens an excuse.

Re: Ray Lewis talking about Kap

Then the Ravens are stupid as hell! His woman ain't got nothing to do with him. And Ray is Steven from Django!

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Then the Ravens are stupid as hell! His woman ain't got nothing to do with him. And Ray is Steven from Django!
    I'm taking the bait. Please illuminate us how Ray is Stephen from Django as the tweet depicted.

Blog Entries

His gf is everything that's wrong with society today

Blog Entries

I am growing weary of Ray Lewis.

Blog Entries

It does sound silly that Ray and Steve are trying to figure out how to sign a player. All players still end up going through Ozzie and he's not even mentioned.

I hated the way the Ravens went about this, and I would have without question signed Kap a month ago when this was a question.

But if I were the owner, and someone's significant other was posting something like that about me, I would have ended everything right there.

Here's the thing, in general, when employers are looking for new hires, there is a lot more to take into account than your prospects resume. Whether or not you can do the job or not, it's important, but very few hire just based on who has the prettiest resume. There are a lot of other things employers take into account...what's the motivation behind wanting this job, how do you envision the prospect fitting into your team, are they grounded, how easy will they be to be managed, do they take direction well, if it's a public facing coroporation, how will they make your company look to the public? These are all real things that are taken into account every day by employers everywhere hiring for every job that's out there.

You can't have close family members take shots at the owner of the company and expect to be able to still land a job....particularly when you're not considered to be one of the top productive prospects out there.

I thought that when she posted it...I knew then any prospect of us signing Kap was gone.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Sorry. I have been pulling for Kaep this entire time but some things are just dumb. Teams already view the guy as a PR nightmare, why the hell would you add fuel to the fire? The pictures she posted were tasteless and had nothing to do with the cause she is "fighting" for. It was completely immature and unnecessary. It sucks for Kaep because he ultimately didn't do anything wrong but dude needs to surround himself with more mature people.

They didn't want a distraction now the Ravens got it. This all seems made up or this what Ray thinks. Once again this is botched badly by the Ravens. Now it is racist, I'm done with Ray Lewis smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown#21 View Post
    They didn't want a distraction now the Ravens got it. This all seems made up or this what Ray thinks. Once again this is botched badly by the Ravens. Now it is racist, I'm done with Ray Lewis smh
    What exactly did the Ravens do wrong again?

They said they were investigating signing a player.

And...what else?

Kap donates money to good causes. Good for him.

He also wore pig socks and didn't stop his GF from comparing an NFL owner to a slave owner.

So....who botched what now?

It's pretty clear where the botching occurred.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Sorry. I have been pulling for Kaep this entire time but some things are just dumb. Teams already view the guy as a PR nightmare, why the hell would you add fuel to the fire? The pictures she posted were tasteless and had nothing to do with the cause she is "fighting" for. It was completely immature and unnecessary. It sucks for Kaep because he ultimately didn't do anything wrong but dude needs to surround himself with more mature people.
    Wait, it's not a good idea to allow your entourage to compare your prospective employer to a slave owner?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    What exactly did the Ravens do wrong again?

They said they were investigating signing a player.

And...what else?

Kap donates money to good causes. Good for him.

He also wore pig socks and didn't stop his GF from comparing an NFL owner to a slave owner.

So....who botched what now?

It's pretty clear where the botching occurred.

The only thing I think the Ravens did wrong was all the public comments. Should have just said nothing while they made their decision.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB