Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Kurt. Benkert.

That is all.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

On this day, you shall all bow before the Excellector.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I hope Wisconsin and Miami stay undefeated. Then there is Bama. That 4th will be wildly debated.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope Wisconsin and Miami stay undefeated. Then there is Bama. That 4th will be wildly debated.
    Increasing the playoff by one week would add 4 more teams (to 8) and eliminate most of that argument. Take the 5 major conference champions (Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Pac 12) and the three best remaining teams as wild cards. It's really pretty simple on paper. Hard to argue not being invited if that was the system. Shut up and win your conference before you can be a national champion.

DII and DIII seem to be able to figure it out.

Blog Entries

2017 All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Navy is hanging in there at ND

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hey where'd the sword go

is barkley still a top 5 pick? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Increasing the playoff by one week would add 4 more teams (to 8) and eliminate most of that argument. Take the 5 major conference champions (Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Pac 12) and the three best remaining teams as wild cards. It's really pretty simple on paper. Hard to argue not being invited if that was the system. Shut up and win your conference before you can be a national champion.

This

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I'm hoping some how he runs a bad 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Great finish in that Washington Utah game.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

I keep hearing this idea floated out there, but I personally am not a fan of the idea. I get why people keep pushing for that amount, but 8 teams is too many IMO because it diminishes the intensity level of the season that has always made college football special. It used to be that if you lost even 1 game you might have blown your chances at a national title, and you felt the intensity every game as a result of that pressure. Now with the 4 team format the pressure is slightly diminished, but it's still very much there because 4 teams is still so few. Every week people talk about how the race has shifted based on the games that happened. Every week is so crucial. That is what makes college football special IMO. Also, the meaningfulness of the bowl games will be decreased if you widen the playoff field as well which would be unfortunate.

Personally, I'd like to see them either keep it at 4, or if anything, just increase it to 6. 6 would be solid because you could give the legit top 2 teams a buy which would keep the intensity up throughout the season. Plus, the field doesn't get widened too much this way. I think 6 would keep it interesting throughout the season the way it is now, and keep the bowl games important in their own right. It would give each conference champ of the power 5 conferences an invite to the big dance, and then 1 wild card. It would take all of the complaining out of the equation just like you said with 8 teams because teams still couldn't complain if they didn't win their conference. However, this keeps it interesting by keeping teams hunting for a top 2 seed, and keeping everyone interested in which of the non-conference champs would be the sole wild card. So, I like the idea of 6 if they ever change it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Yes. He's LT.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down