Page 1 of 52 123 ... LastLast

2017 All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Hey guys and gals,

Thought we could use an all-purpose thread for the NCAA season. Hoping this can stay in the main thread. I've gotten way more into NCAA over the past few years and am very excited for this season. Bama-FSU on Saturday should be a hell of a game.

Can also use this thread to talk about prospects for the draft. I'm going ot have my eyes peeled on Calvin Ridley Saturday. Should be a good matchup against FSU's secondary.

MOD's - hopefully this is cool on the main board.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: 2017 All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Quite a few games tonight and this weekend. Mich St. / Florida. Florida St./Bama Saturday Night

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Quite a few games tonight and this weekend. Mich St. / Florida. Florida St./Bama Saturday Night
    I got the OSU game taping. Looking forward to seeing their defense.

Going to try and watch OKST too. I was shocked to see them 10th in the preseason poll. I know nothing about them so I have some studying to do there.

Hopefully Nest sees this and can give us his thoughts on this years Buckeyes squad. He watches them religiously and knows his shit.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

2017 All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Going to try and watch OKST too. I was shocked to see them 10th in the preseason poll. I know nothing about them so I have some studying to do there.

Hopefully Nest sees this and can give us his thoughts on this years Buckeyes squad. He watches them religiously and knows his shit.
    Super high powered offense (as usual)
    I was listening to a pod cast they expect basketball scores from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

problem is that OSU plays little sisters of the poor so it's going to be dominant

Blog Entries

problem is that OSU plays little sisters of the poor so it's going to be dominant
    Horseshit.... Michigan, Mich St, Oklahoma, Penn State, Nebraska all on the schedule this year. Since the Big Ten started paying for good coaches that conference has gotten better (Harbaugh, Franklin,etc.).

OSU defense is going to be filthy this year.

Dline is so deep. I see 7-8 NFL caliber players on this depth chart - 4-5 should be top draft picks.
    Starters - Tyquan Lewis, Sam Hubbard, Dre'mont Jones, Tracey Sprinkle. Bench - Nick Bosa, Jalyn Holmes, Robert Landers, Chase Young, Jonathon Cooper, Garrett Haskel.

LB is stacked again as well. They lost Mcmillan but moved Worley inside. Jerome Baker is still there and will most likely be a 1st rd pick.

CB is obviously where they took a hit. Lost Hooker, Lattimore and Conley. Denzel Ward who played the nickel is already being talked about as sure fire 1st rder. Some scouts have said he is better prospect than Conley or Lattimore.

Offense should still be explosive, they brought in former Indiana coach Kevin Wilson to revamp the passing attack (Good storyline for tonights game against IU.)
    Barrett and Webber are back at QB and RB. Look out for freshman RB/HB J.K Dobbins - considered a Curtis Samuel clone.

The OL is huge, I believe they are avg 6'5 312lbs across the board. Elflein was lost but in similar fashion Billy Price is converting from G to Center this year. Price is a monster and should go in top 3 rounds if I had to guess. Urban has called this guy the strongest guy he has ever coached. LT Jamarco Jones is quite and steady and will get drafted, not sure where scouts view him though.

WR is actually the area where I see OSU surprising people this year. Some of the young star recruits are healthy and settling in, players to watch here - K.J Hill, Benjimen Victor and Austin Mack.

All in all - I expect OSU to challenge again for the Big Ten Championship as well as a playoff berth. This team should be better than last years (mainly b/c the offense should find some rhythm in the passing game). Team reminds me alot of the 2014-2015 Championship teams. Young studs getting playing time and are hungry to show their worth.

If i had a prediction for the playoff - FSU, Bama, Ohio State, Miami (wildcard!)
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Blog Entries

I'm talking about their game tonight which they should win by 50. But keep that inferiority complex going.

Blog Entries

I'm talking about their game tonight which they should win by 50. But keep that inferiority complex going.
    Conference game pal.... No different than playing big bad Kentucky or Wake Forest.

Inferiority complex? Ok - look at the pro prospects or the recruiting OSU has been doing. I'm sure their dominance is all based on weak competition.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""

Blog Entries

Aaannnnnnnnnnddd, Ok State is on the board.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Kind of like that Stanford game last week. Tough to watch these kind of games unless you are a real fan of the team.

I also like Ohio State this year but I want to see them against the big boys not Indiana

By the way any Ravens fans who stick around in New Orleans get a bonus on Saturday. The LSU-BYU game was supposed to be played in Houston. It's now moved to the Superdome. BYU is usually pretty exciting. They won't win but they should score some points. Tickets could be cheap since this is a relocation. Might be fun for those watching Ravens/Saints tonight
    Last edited by GOTA; 08-31-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kind of like that Stanford game last week. Tough to watch these kind of games unless you are a real fan of the team.

I also like Ohio State this year but I want to see them against the big boys not Indiana

By the way any Ravens fans who stick around in New Orleans get a bonus on Saturday. The LSU-BYU game was supposed to be played in Houston. It's now moved to the Superdome. BYU is usually pretty exciting. They won't win but they should score some points. Tickets could be cheap since this is a relocation. Might be fun for those watching Ravens/Saints tonight
    I mean it's a conference game, IU has played OSU well past couple of years. OSU is favored by 20. OSU plays Oklahoma in 2 weeks so you won't have to wait long.

Cat on the Twitter mentioned Simmie Cobbs to me three years ago and I forgot all about him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver