Thread: Kyrie to Boston

Blog Entries

Kyrie to Boston

Thomas to Cleveland, and some.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Kyrie to Boston

Cleveland with an absolute steal.

Short term:
    - Cleveland gets a bit of a downgrade at PG, BUT IT is a similar player. He's a scorer. Kyrie became more efficient with Lebron. Now IT is going to get more open looks from 3 and more opportunity to take his man to the hoop AFTER the defense has been pulled out of position by Lebron.
    - Jae Crowder gives them a matchup guy on D. When other teams go small they can go IT - Rose - Lebron - Jae - Love. That's a damn good lineup. Matches up well defensively (IT and Rose suck defensively, but Lebron, Jae and Love aren't bad).
    - Boston actually got worse. They've now lost Bradley and Jae who were their two best wing defenders. They're going ot have to expect HUGE things from Brown and Tatum. I like Tatum, don't like Brown.

Long term:
    - Cleveland would be best to part with both Lebron and IT once their contracts are up. Going into 2 supermaxes with these guys going to the end of their career would not be smart.
    - Cleveland gets Brooklyn's pick, likely a top 3 pick. The top 4 prospects this year are very good in Porter Jr, Bamba, Ayton and Bagley III.
    - Zizic is a great stash guy. He looks like he can be a damn good big man off the bench that will bring some energy. Looks like Pevoic before he went through all the injuries.
    - Boston's plan when they traded down from #1 seemed to be to stockpile picks and build a core while GSW breaks up (Klay will probably leave in a few years) and Lebron gets old. THis goes against htat plan.

All in all: Kyrie is the best player in the trade, but the gap between Kyrie and IT wasn't big enough to justify Jae, Zizic and a top 3 pick.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Do you think Cleveland would be best suited to move Love or do you think he'll hit the potential he was expected to have this upcoming season?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do you think Cleveland would be best suited to move Love or do you think he'll hit the potential he was expected to have this upcoming season?
    I think they should move him if they can. BUT I don't think they can. His contract is ugly and a lot of teams are paying crazy amounts of FA money and are getting tight against the cap (i.e. Lakers and 76ers giving big 1 year contracts just to lock up a guy).

The teams who can afford him right now, such as Chicago are pretty much in a rebuild phase and it just wouldn't make sense to bring in Love and give up any sort of assets.

Given they aren't going ot get anything meaningful IMO for him I would keep him.

Kevin Love was one of my favourite players for a long time and I think he just doesn't fit with Lebron. Which is very odd to me because K-Love can stretch the floor, which helps Lebron tremendously by clearing out the paint.

The guy on the Cavs that pisses me off for how much he's paid is Tristan Thompson (fellow Canadian, but he ain't woth the money). He was useless in the finals.

Iman Schumpert is brutal too. If they Cavs hadn't taken on 2 (3 if you count Love - it's debateable when you see what guys like Horford and Milsap make) in Schumpert and TT then I think they could have made their team a lot deeper. Now you have to rely on guys like Rose to take the minimum or the vet designation (similar to what GSW gave to Swaggy P).

Either way, all of this is irrelevant. No one is going ot beat GS.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Apparently, Cleveland tried to deal Love to New York for Carmelo, but New York declared that insufficient (My words, not theirs).