Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ESPN pulls Robert Lee from broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I think this is stupid but its being twisted into something its not. They are doing this to protect the guy from the harassment from trolls that would inevitably result from him announcing the game. I could be wrong but I don't think many people are truly offended by a guy named Robert Lee announcing a football game. Honestly its being blown way out of proportion...by conservatives and liberals.
    Protect the guy? If anything they made it worse. If they never would have said anything and let him call the game, maybe there would of been a joke here or there, but it would of been forgotten, hell, almost no one would of even known about this. So now companies have to protect someone because they share a name with a historical figure, wonder whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Protect the guy? If anything they made it worse. If they never would have said anything and let him call the game, maybe there would of been a joke here or there, but it would of been forgotten, hell, almost no one would of even known about this. So now companies have to protect someone because they share a name with a historical figure, wonder whats next?
    If you're a fan of history, buy your books and dvds now, as they won't be available soon. "Gone With The Wind" has been pulled from a theater in Memphis. This is only the beginning.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    If you're a fan of history, buy your books and dvds now, as they won't be available soon. "Gone With The Wind" has been pulled from a theater in Memphis. This is only the beginning.

Well If you believe that all history books in this country are based on facts, you might want to research some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Well If you believe that all history books in this country are based on facts, you might want to research some.

I'm not saying that all books are based on facts, but that doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying that all books are based on facts, but that doesn't really matter.

I get that this stuff means a lot to people, as history should, but we are letting history ruin our future.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I get that this stuff means a lot to people, as history should, but we are letting history ruin our future.

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

The history is dividing people. Statues that dont mean anything on either side in my opinion are making more people hate each other. But this is my way of think and most if not all wont agree with me. The statue doesnt have to be there to preserve history, just like it doesnt have to be removed to protect the future. I think everyone is just being a bunch of self centered pussies that want everything to be about themselves. It honestly makes zero difference in your life if that statue is upright, or removed tomorrow. Yea, you can sit here and talk about history and what it means and a symbol, it literally does not affect your well being nor anyone else's....until you make it.

Charles Barkley said it best: “I am not going to waste my time worrying about these Confederate statues — that is wasted energy,” Mr. Barkley said in an interview with Birmingham TV’s Rick Karle. “You know what I am going to do? I am going to keep doing great things, I am going to try to keep trying to make a difference — No. 1, in the black community because I am black, but also going to try to do good things in the world.”

I am from the south, Arkansas, i literally couldn't care less about a stupid statue of some general that black people are triggered by and white southern people think it needs to be protected. What needs to happen is not all these people worrying about things that offend them or things that offend other people and do your job and be a productive member of society instead of whining until they get their way. Life is too short (false: longest thing you'll ever do) to sit here and be worried about a statue or what others are offended by. I do disagree with vandalizing but im not going to sit here and cry about it.

Edit: feel free to talk about preserving history and whatever else, i laid out how i view things. I understand your opinion is different and i respect that, just dont agree with it.

The history is dividing people. Statues that dont mean anything on either side in my opinion are making more people hate each other. But this is my way of think and most if not all wont agree with me. The statue doesnt have to be there to preserve history, just like it doesnt have to be removed to protect the future. I think everyone is just being a bunch of self centered pussies that want everything to be about themselves. It honestly makes zero difference in your life if that statue is upright, or removed tomorrow. Yea, you can sit here and talk about history and what it means and a symbol, it literally does not affect your well being nor anyone else's....until you make it.

Charles Barkley said it best: “I am not going to waste my time worrying about these Confederate statues — that is wasted energy,” Mr. Barkley said in an interview with Birmingham TV’s Rick Karle. “You know what I am going to do? I am going to keep doing great things, I am going to try to keep trying to make a difference — No. 1, in the black community because I am black, but also going to try to do good things in the world.”

I am from the south, Arkansas, i literally couldn't care less about a stupid statue of some general that black people are triggered by and white southern people think it needs to be protected. What needs to happen is not all these people worrying about things that offend them or things that offend other people and do your job and be a productive member of society instead of whining until they get their way. Life is too short (false: longest thing you'll ever do) to sit here and be worried about a statue or what others are offended by. I do disagree with vandalizing but im not going to sit here and cry about it.

Edit: feel free to talk about preserving history and whatever else, i laid out how i view things. I understand your opinion is different and i respect that, just dont agree with it.
    It's iconoclasm. If you want a historical reference, look at the Puritans during the 1600's; they destroyed art and literature that we will never be able to get back.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    It's iconoclasm. If you want a historical reference, look at the Puritans during the 1600's; they destroyed art and literature that we will never be able to get back.
    I understand, trust me. Like i said, i have different views and understand they are far different than most.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    There are a lot of parallels being drawn to art and literature, and I just don't see it. It would be one thing to say that we're destroying art taking statues down, but that's not the argument. I am still unconvinced that any history is lost with a handful of confederate monuments being removed (especially if moved elsewhere).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome post

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    There are a lot of parallels being drawn to art and literature, and I just don't see it. It would be one thing to say that we're destroying art taking statues down, but that's not the argument. I am still unconvinced that any history is lost with a handful of confederate monuments being removed (especially if moved elsewhere).

It starts small. But we've seen that democrats have already moved on to other statues. Lincoln, Washington, etc...
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock