Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Have The Ravens Underachieved??

Won a it all in 12. Better than most teams. That said, Biscotti has made it clear one isn't enough. Looking back, has this organization Underachieved the last ten years?

Blog Entries

Re: Have The Ravens Underachieved??

I don't think they've underachieved if we are talking the last decade, I wouldn't think playoffs 6 of 9 years, 3 AFCCGs and a SB win would be underachieving to anyone but New England.

Blog Entries

I still think the 11 team was better then the 12 team should have been back to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

in the big picture of things Ravens are overall one of the most consistently successful franchise, now with that out the way they have slipped a little bit in recent years due a factor of things with injuries being the biggest thing, then lack of talent and suspect coaching they have kind of slipped into mediocrity a little and that's expected with the salary cap era as well. Even with all that this franchise is still better than about 20 other franchises. They do need to get back to winning ball games though and they do need to get back to the playoffs. This year will be a telling year for many things with this team and what direction they are willing to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I still think the 11 team was better then the 12 team should have been back to back

I agree with the 11 team.

going on 5 straight seasons now this team has under achieved I would absolutely say YES but not for 10 years.

I'd argue that the 2006 Ravens team was the best team we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    That Colts game still haunts me. I Agree with you HK
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Have The Ravens Underachieved??

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    McNair fell off the cliff.

Brutal, absolutely brutal.

Harbaugh tenure sort of reminds me of Billick's...lot's of good playoff teams, lot of heartbreak, one time winning it all, and an overall feeling that we should have won more than one Super Bowl.

Billick didn't have a QB at all, but had 2 elite HOF defenders in their primes on one side of the ball. Harbaugh has a QB, but never had those elite HOF guys in their primes.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    McNair fell off the cliff. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife scraped and saved 500 bucks on 2 tix on a bday present for me to go to that playoff game. Noodle Arm was limper than grandpa's pecker that day. The D held Peyton Manning to 5 field goals. McNair could not throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. Dude gave away the game. Still pissed off about that. They should have pulled him. What a major disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Harbaugh tenure sort of reminds me of Billick's...lot's of good playoff teams, lot of heartbreak, one time winning it all, and an overall feeling that we should have won more than one Super Bowl.

Billick didn't have a QB at all, but had 2 elite HOF defenders in their primes on one side of the ball. Harbaugh has a QB, but never had those elite HOF guys in their primes.
    feels like the script of this team huh? I tell you what though I think we can count on one hand how many times this team has been blown out of games, I might give harbs a lot of shit but his guys never quit in games.