Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Shannon Sharpe shows why he not Ray Lewis has the heartbeat of Black America!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I've been pondering why blacks are arrested more, proportionately. The violent crime stats are part of it but it's been my experience there's always something missing if an answer seems too easy. The problem was I've become so accustomed to shutting out my own experiences that even when it helps I don't pay attention.

This morning it struck me; the highest concentration of black people are in inner cities. Police patrol cities. Not just the inner cities, but there's a boundary they can't cross except in hot pursuit. My life has been going from urban, to rural, to urban. I lived in Montgomery until I was 12 and saw a cop car every day. Moved to Florence when I was 18 and now see a cop car every day. There's a six year gap when I lived in Cullman County and while there I saw a cop car twice. Total. Both times they were dealing with me. They were in Cullman city, but they didn't come out to the county.

So you've got a much larger number of people packed into a much smaller area. By way of comparison, Baltimore is 92 square miles and home to 621,849 people. Cullman county is 755 square miles and home to 80k people. Then take into account that inner cities aren't exactly booming economically and you've got a perfect storm for higher arrests. I found this article illuminates my point quite well.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news...me-connection/

Here's the thing that needs to be understood. Poor whites commit crimes at the same rate as poor blacks. This is a personal observation after years of dealing with dumb-ass rednecks. However, the white people aren't living in over-crowded cities where police are patrolling. They live out in B.F.E. where a cop swings by once every couple of years.
    If you have 400 years of slavery, institutional racism, Jim Crow and police brutality I would expect a lot worse. You should be happy that everybody don't wake up at the same time. Then u really gonna have a problem.

Re: Shannon Sharpe shows why he not Ray Lewis has the heartbeat of Black America!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They just had a "nobody kill anybody" weekend organized by black communities in Baltimore and that didn't even work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But nobody got killed on Friday. That's progress.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

They just had a "nobody kill anybody" weekend organized by black communities in Baltimore and that didn't even work.

To me it just seems so ass backwards. We need quality officers to reverse the trendlines and get trigger pullers off the streets and instead the certain members want to go war with the police.

I posted that article earlier because there sort of seems to be a view point that you can do whatever you want to law enforcement officers and they won't react.

Well that simply isn't the case. At the end of the day being police officer is a job like any other and you make that job miserable enough quality people leave. Who wants to be a cop in Baltimore or Chicago?
    Last edited by boller4president; 08-22-2017 at 12:25 PM.

As long as people like Steve Biscotti are cowards when it comes to issues like this, we gonna have division and strife. So glad that Shannon Sharpe be shutting down these clowns!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    As long as people like Steve Biscotti are cowards when it comes to issues like this, we gonna have division and strife. So glad that Shannon Sharpe be shutting down these clowns!
    Shannon Sharpe should be more of an advocate for black families in American considering he's had what...a dozen or so child neglect cases charged against him for not paying child support?

Shannon Sharpe is not someone that I would want being the voice or face of a particular issue. He's arguably as hypocritical as the next guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Shannon Sharpe should be more of an advocate for black families in American considering he's had what...a dozen or so child neglect cases charged against him for not paying child support?

Shannon Sharpe is not someone that I would want being the voice or face of a particular issue. He's arguably as hypocritical as the next guy.
    Wicked, I fucks with you so let me explain why your position is so flawed. And why we have so much division in America. Sharpe was raised by his grandparents because of his absentee parents? Why were his parents absentee? Direct consequence of slavery, racism, and Jim Crow. You know how many black families did not have a proper foundation because of the institutional racism? You know how many people did not know who their family members are, had their history and language stolen from them and had no way of integrating successfully into communities because they are held down. At least Sharpe has made amends.

Blog Entries

Wicked, I fucks with you so let me explain why your position is so flawed. And why we have so much division in America. Sharpe was raised by his grandparents because of his absentee parents? Why were his parents absentee? Direct consequence of slavery, racism, and Jim Crow. You know how many black families did not have a proper foundation because of the institutional racism? You know how many people did not know who their family members are, had their history and language stolen from them and had no way of integrating successfully into communities because they are held down. At least Sharpe has made amends.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but black families were largely nuclear and in tact prior to the 1960's and 70's. Institutional racism is what you call it. I call it Democrat.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but black families were largely nuclear and in tact prior to the 1960's and 70's. Institutional racism is what you call it. I call it Democrat.

Yes and no. Black families suffered from the leftist feminist agenda and institutional racism at the same time. They had no shot. The government took men out of the homes and there was so much dysfunction rooted from slavery that there were a lot of cats pulling Shannon Sharpes. Not because he was a bad person, because a lot of folks just didn't know any better.

And his brother Sterling, who grew up in the exact same environment, managed to not have some of the "parental" and "responsibility" issues that Shannon did. Why is that?

This is why your position is highly flawed... it excuses some of the issues minorities or even Caucasians experience by playing the "they had a rough childhood card". I call it the Aaron Hernandez fallacy.

Its the concept that because Aaron Hernandez suffered a terrible tragedy, such as his father dying at 16, it somehow "explains" the idea that he would then become a serial killer, as if it all makes so much more sense after that.

That is, until we remind ourselves that Aaron Hernandez had an 18 year old brother at the time who also lost his father, and he somehow managed to not become a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    And his brother Sterling, who grew up in the exact same environment, managed to not have some of the "parental" and "responsibility" issues that Shannon did. Why is that?

This is why your position is highly flawed... it excuses some of the issues minorities or even Caucasians experience by playing the "they had a rough childhood card". I call it the Aaron Hernandez fallacy.

Its the concept that because Aaron Hernandez suffered a terrible tragedy, such as his father dying at 16, it somehow "explains" the idea that he would then become a serial killer, as if it all makes so much more sense after that.

That is, until we remind ourselves that Aaron Hernandez had an 18 year old brother at the time who also lost his father, and he somehow managed to not become a serial killer.
    So what Sterling didn't have kids out of wedlock. Are you denying the impact of slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post

My dad died when I was 12. I've yet to murder anybody that I know of.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I will.

We are all extremely fortunate to be born in America regardless of how we got there. I have a relative who does family research and found out that our branch came to America fleeing the British and famine in Ireland in the 1800's.

Since the Emancipation Proclamation the world has had significant upheaval we've had two world wars one of which a mad man tried to exterminate an entire race. We've had the roaring twenties a depression. We've put a man on the moon. We've cracked the DNA code. We've underwent industrialization.

I mean at some point the community has to move forward because the rest of the world has. Noone else is stuck in pre 1863.
    Last edited by boller4president; 08-23-2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: roaring twenties lol