Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Shannon Sharpe shows why he not Ray Lewis has the heartbeat of Black America!

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    second time in 24 hours I'm giving you a

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thank you. I, myself, was not sure if I liked the way he went about it at first. Sitting just kind of leaves a bad image, because you can be slouching. Kneeling, I felt was better. I didn't care for the Pig socks, but I understood the meaning behind them. Furthermore, I just refuse to lose my mind over another man's socks. I've seen too many young men in jail when I was a Correctional Officer, who were very far gone. This young man is very, very reachable. He just allowed his emotion to get a little too far out in front of him initially. However, he is a guy who could be molded into a real difference maker. Yet, too many people, much older and supposedly more mature than him, are getting their panties in too much of a bunch to realize that. I've met one servicemen who said that he didn't necessarily like Kaepernick's protest. He also brought up the black glove protest at the Olympics decades back. However, even he acknowledged that if those track stars hadn't done it the way that they did, their issue would not have gotten the same attention. Even with Kaepernick, it's not to the point that he hates the man or wants to see the man lose his job. He's not giving up his PSLs. None of that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Shannon Sharpe shows why he not Ray Lewis has the heartbeat of Black America!

Main reason why Kaep isn't on an NFL team?

- his on-field abilities do not compensate enough for the PR issues and fan backlash that would come. He's not a bad player, but he's not a top tiered QB either. If this were 2013, he'd have been signed the first day in free agency. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business and Kaep has brought a lot of media distractions (rightly or wrongly) and hasn't been able to beat our guys like Blaine Gabbert (for whatever reason). His on-field ability the past 2-3 years have been average with a few flashes here and there - nowhere near his level of play in 2012.

The other reason he isn't on an NFL team?

- salary and not wanting to be a backup. I've read in several places that he has had offers, but they were for backup roles, which don't pay as much and he doesn't seem real keen on riding the pine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

- his on-field abilities do not compensate enough for the PR issues and fan backlash that would come. He's not a bad player, but he's not a top tiered QB either. If this were 2013, he'd have been signed the first day in free agency. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business and Kaep has brought a lot of media distractions (rightly or wrongly) and hasn't been able to beat our guys like Blaine Gabbert (for whatever reason). His on-field ability the past 2-3 years have been average with a few flashes here and there - nowhere near his level of play in 2012.

- salary and not wanting to be a backup. I've read in several places that he has had offers, but they were for backup roles, which don't pay as much and he doesn't seem real keen on riding the pine.

I agree, i don't think anyone knows what his salary demands are right now, or even where his head is at, but I doubt its for the league minimum. He may very well be waiting for the regular season to start and seeing if some starting QB gets injured, figuring that a team with playoff hopes becomes disparate for a competent starter. He may figure he may get a bigger contract that way, who knows. Does he even want to play football anymore? When was the last time we heard from him or his agent, or have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I agree, i don't think anyone knows what his salary demands are right now, or even where his head is at, but I doubt its for the league minimum. He may very well be waiting for the regular season to start and seeing if some starting QB gets injured, figuring that a team with playoff hopes becomes disparate for a competent starter. He may figure he may get a bigger contract that way, who knows. Does he even want to play football anymore? When was the last time we heard from him or his agent, or have I missed something?
    If you think Kap sucks, then you're a racist.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Nobody in this thread has once said that the NFL is racist or that anyone who thinks Kaepernick is not good is a racist. This is what I was talking to Itouchdownthere about, taking outside issues and focusing on them to detract from the focal discussion. This isn't about why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. This isn't about anyone claiming racism. It is about Sharpe's stance on Jackson's comments and the idea that Jackson has forgotten how gaining opportunities such as his were achieved by African American figures of the past and how some of them would feel if they heard him make those statements.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

This is the important part:

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nobody in this thread has once said that the NFL is racist or that anyone who thinks Kaepernick is not good is a racist.
    Curse you for making me actually take FFFilth off ignore, even for a second. After this I'm going to get a roaring drunk on in an admittedly desperate attempt to purge whichever unfortunate brain cells are tasked with storing that particular memory.

But yeah, he said 25% of the NFL fan base is racist. While not specifically stated, considering the context...
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I stand by my statement that 25 percent of the NFL fan base is racist.

This has to be the dumbest thread I've seen on here since I joined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

Eh, you've only been around for two years. The Boller era was much more entertaining.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Eh, you've only been around for two years. The Boller era was much more entertaining.
    Thank God I wasn't

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

11. Re: Shannon Sharpe shows why he not Ray Lewis has the heartbeat of Black America!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Wasn't it after 2012 that he hooked up with that Muslim girlfriend--her name is Nessa???
    Somehow, his decline in play at roughly the same time as her involvement and influence on his life cannot be a mere coincidence. More than likely, she took his focus away from football, and convincing him to go vegan didn't help either, if that was also her idea.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

It's only dumb because you don't understand your own ignorance of the issues.