Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Uneven media scrutiny

Why were they Ravens skewered for their comments regarding Kap moreso than other organizations? All they said is that they were interested and had discussions. Other teams admitted the same.

Yet people were trashing the organization, as if they'd done something wrong.

Why aren't the Cowboys and Bengals being skewered for Elliott and Mixon, like the Ravens were for Rice?

Where are the cries to cut Elliott and Mixon?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Re: Uneven media scrutiny

Nobody is really talking about it anymore...at least in the media.

Media and the public have short attention spans. At the time each of those things went/are going down, they were/are national stories.

Also, part of the deal is that teams and communities like the Bengals and Cowboys have made it abundantly clear, they don't care about any criticism, they weather the storm for a few days and then eventually the news goes away.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nobody is really talking about it anymore...at least in the media.

Media and the public have short attention spans. At the time each of those things went/are going down, they were/are national stories.
    All i see regarding Mixon is where he should be drafted in fantasy.

Like...he punched that girl right in the face. On tape.

And I bet quite a few Cincy fans that talked shit about rice are pumped to have Mixon.

I can't stand hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

And I bet quite a few Cincy fans that talked shit about rice are pumped to have Mixon.

I can't stand hypocrisy.

There was a ton of that talk around draft time. That's what I'm saying, people have short attention spans. There was a lot of outrage at that time.

We are now almost 4 months removed. Bengals weathered the storm for a few weeks and it's gone.

Nobody is talking about us and Kap in a bad way now, even now just a week or 2 after the media nonsense.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I think this comes straight from the top. Biscotti seems very sensitive about the teams public image and he can't take the heat.

I still hate the fact that they caved and cut Rice, ruining their cap for the next several years. Could you image if Biscotti was at the helm instead of Art when Ray Lewis's murder charge and trial was all over the news. The court of public opinion convicted him as soon as news broke. If the Ravens ran things then the way they do now, Ray Lewis's Hall of Fame career may happened in another uniform.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

I can't stand hypocrisy.

Not me. I was leery about drafting him but so far he has been a model rookie. He is humble and I believe and hope he has learned from a terrible mistake.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think this comes straight from the top. Biscotti seems very sensitive about the teams public image and he can't take the heat.

I still hate the fact that they caved and cut Rice, ruining their cap for the next several years. Could you image if Biscotti was at the helm instead of Art when Ray Lewis's murder charge and trial was all over the news. The court of public opinion convicted him as soon as news broke. If the Ravens ran things then the way they do now, Ray Lewis's Hall of Fame career may happened in another uniform.
    This.

I get why they did it, but if they kept Rice, the national outrage would have subsided.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti saying 'pray for us' made things a lot worse. It was really dumb comment and brought all sorts of extra attention. I had people who know nothing about football asking me about that since they knew I was a Ravens fan. I told them I had no idea what he was talking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

There was a big difference. There was tape of Ray Rice doing what he did. Ray Lewis told Art Modell to his face that he he didn't do it and Art believed him. It's a lot easier to stand by your player when you feel he is innocent.

Steve Bisciotti invite Ray Rice to camp every year and has him talk to the rookies. He didn't write off as a human being which is something many other have done. Just because Steve didn't want Ray to play for the team does not mean he has abandoned him.

Just when it looked like the media circus would die down, Zerbiec writes a story about 15 people kneeling in front the stadium, and it gets picked up by national media as if it were as important a subject as North Korea nukes!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The Ravens were cowards and suckers for how they handled the entire situation.

Blog Entries

I can't buy that. Did seeing the video of him punching his girlfriend really make the act itself worse? No. Whether you read the police report or saw the video, it was a horrible act and if you thought it was a horrible enough act to cut him.... why not just do it when you investigated the act and came to the conclusion that it did in fact happen.

My issue isn't that they cut Rice my issue is that they were content to keep him despite what he did until the media pressure intensified with the release of the video, one that they had already seen and knew existed.

They were straddling the fence, just like they are with Kap and are letting the court of public opinion dictate the actions that they take.