Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New starting OL

Blog Entries

New starting OL

Let's discuss possible starting units. Would like filmstudy to chime in if he can.

First I'd like to sign some depth, so would not mind Zuttah signed in a back up role. Would prefer Mangold, but something is definitely up with him.

I'd go with what Roman would like...

Stanley-Eluemunor-Jensen-Yanda-Howard

This is a big strong powerful unit up front, and would fit the scheme from what I seen the other night. Eluemunor would have some growing pains but he didn't look all that bad if I'm being honest, and Jensen was the most impressive after Stanley (who I think goes to the pro bowl this season, he had a flawless night).

Backups: Hurst, Zuttah, Skura.

Re: New starting OL

I agree I would like Jensen to stay at C if he can handle it... more important than LG with Stanley out there at LT.

I would consider the worse tackle between Howard and Hurst (likely Hurst) move to RG with Yanda kicking over to LG. It would be an uneven line but very strong on one side.

Stanley - Yanda - Jensen - Hurst/Howard - Howard/Hurst

Blog Entries

New starting OL

I'd call Buffalo up and see if they are willing to trade. They were a power blocking scheme and now a zone maybe incognito? Or you could wait for them to cut someone same with SF they were power and also are switching to zone blocking maybe someone there Roman has worked with could be shaken loose or will shake loose. It's this bad now what's it going to be mid season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thread Leach.

First off the addition:
    - I don't think it should be Zuttah. He's not good and he does not fit the scheme at all. If we're adding a C I'd rather it be Cody Wallace or of course Nick Mangold.
    - However, I think our addition should be at G to battle with Eluemenor.
    - Austin Pasztor at OG (and can play RT in a pinch) makes a lot of sense. He wasn't too bad at G last year.
    So:
    - Sign Wallace or Pasztor, preferably Pasztor.

Secondly, I agree that we should focus on who can play in this scheme which featured a lot of man blocking and traps/pulls.
    - I would actually put Yanda at LG. It protects his shoulder and I think he worked well with Stanley.
    - Howard should stay at RT.
    - Given Howard's proficiency at run blocking I don't think it's a bad thing to put a lesser OG beside him.
    - Hurst should purely be used as depth
    - Pasztor and Elumaneor battle for RG OR Wallace and Jensen battle for C and the loster battles with Elumaneor for RG.

Final likely outcome if it were up to me:

Stanley - Yanada - Jensen - Pasztor - Howard

That could be actually not bad.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I'd call Buffalo up and see if they are willing to trade. They were a power blocking scheme and now a zone maybe incognito? Or you could wait for them to cut someone same with SF they were power and also are switching to zone blocking maybe someone there Roman has worked with could be shaken loose or will shake loose. It's this bad now what's it going to be mid season?

Only guys that would make sense is John Miller or Jordan Mills due to contract issues (Richie Incognito and Cody Wood are on big contracts - Glenn is too).

However this is a blurb from PFF:

Jordan Mills surrendered eight sacks and 57 total QB pressures over 596 pass-blocking snaps this season, fourth-most of any tackle in the game. The play of RG John Miller inside of Mills didn’t help much when it comes to pass blocking, either, giving the Bills a real issue on the right side of the line. Miller allowed four sacks and 33 total QB pressures, but did at least offset that with some strong run blocking.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Good thread Leach.

First off the addition:
    - I don't think it should be Zuttah. He's not good and he does not fit the scheme at all. If we're adding a C I'd rather it be Cody Wallace or of course Nick Mangold.
    - However, I think our addition should be at G to battle with Eluemenor.
    - Austin Pasztor at OG (and can play RT in a pinch) makes a lot of sense. He wasn't too bad at G last year.
    So:
    - Sign Wallace or Pasztor, preferably Pasztor.

Secondly, I agree that we should focus on who can play in this scheme which featured a lot of man blocking and traps/pulls.
    - I would actually put Yanda at LG. It protects his shoulder and I think he worked well with Stanley.
    - Howard should stay at RT.
    - Given Howard's proficiency at run blocking I don't think it's a bad thing to put a lesser OG beside him.
    - Hurst should purely be used as depth
    - Pasztor and Elumaneor battle for RG OR Wallace and Jensen battle for C and the loster battles with Elumaneor for RG.

Final likely outcome if it were up to me:

Stanley - Yanada - Jensen - Pasztor - Howard

That could be actually not bad.
    Wallace will be a raven

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

You can't bring back Zuttah after Joe's public comments. How many times have we heard Joe Flacco come out and slam a teammate over the past decade? That just doesn't happen. When it does you better pay attention. Flacco doesn't trust Zuttah. He just can't be in front of him if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Let's discuss possible starting units. Would like filmstudy to chime in if he can.

First I'd like to sign some depth, so would not mind Zuttah signed in a back up role. Would prefer Mangold, but something is definitely up with him.

I'd go with what Roman would like...

Stanley-Eluemunor-Jensen-Yanda-Howard

This is a big strong powerful unit up front, and would fit the scheme from what I seen the other night. Eluemunor would have some growing pains but he didn't look all that bad if I'm being honest, and Jensen was the most impressive after Stanley (who I think goes to the pro bowl this season, he had a flawless night).

Backups: Hurst, Zuttah, Skura.
    It not a bad unit. ...I just have major concerns with Jensen. I believe Hurst will see more action than expected.

Blog Entries

I agree with Gota can't put Zuttah in front of Joe

I have a total of zero interest in Zuttah and yes I know we're desparate.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can't bring back Zuttah after Joe's public comments. How many times have we heard Joe Flacco come out and slam a teammate over the past decade? That just doesn't happen. When it does you better pay attention. Flacco doesn't trust Zuttah. He just can't be in front of him if that's the case.
    Here's the comment - Added Flacco: “I think the biggest thing is that we’ve gotten rid of Jeremy Zuttah and just replacing him.”

There's the GOTA way to interpret this or there is the, "we got rid of our starting center, so replacing him is a priority" - less of an indictment of Zuttah.

Joe is usually careful about throwing teammates under the bus - however, I'm not listening to the entire interview to see how he meant it (with context).

Joe's commentary aside - I may sell my Ravens Lions and Ravens Packers tickets if Zuttah is our starting center, because I don't feel like watching Joe get crushed.

Yeah I don't think those were shots at Zuttah at all..it doesn't match Joe's personality at all. He was just mentioning that they lost their starting center and they needed to replace him.

The Ravens and Zuttah are obviously entertaining a reunion, does anyone think the team would really go after him if Joe really had any issue with Zuttah...and vice versa?

It simply came out in a way that could be misinterpreted...something that has happened to everyone. Joe doesn't and will never do that, we all know he is uber politically correct when it comes to his teammates and players around the league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.