Thread: WTH

Blog Entries

WTH

Friends of mine have been talking about "What the Health".

I've seen a bit about it and I think it has some good points, but seems VERY BIASED and begins with the end in mind. Eating animals is bad, go vegan.

Anyone seen it?

Re: WTH

It's interesting, but some of the comparisons are fucked. They had a part about how eating two eggs a day is worse for you than smoking a pack of cigarettes or somehting along those lines.

Basically comparing heart disease from smoking to cholesterol causing heart disease. However, that's veyr fucking misleading and the studies behind these "facts" are VERY VERY questionable.

I'm not a fan, but I did find some of it itneresting.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I heard the opinion of a farmer today on this and I think the farmer's perspective makes the most sense.

1) Veganism isn't a bad thing if that's your choice, but there are health risks that come with a pure plant-based diet.
    2) "Factory Farming" is definitely something that people should avoid products from. Not only is the product of poorer quality, but these are the places where turkey, chicken, and cows are given steroids to increase muscle mass. In addition, they're really not good environments for animals.
    3) Humans have existed on both plants and animal protein - to suggest otherwise is foolish and factually incorrect.
    4) Americans, in particular, have a propensity of eating far too much animal-based protein in comparison to plant foods (I'm definitely guilty of this from time to time...who doesn't enjoy a monster steak? Or, an Italian Coldcut?)
    5) High volume processed meats (like deli meats or sausages) are things people should consider removing from their diet (I bought a sausage maker for our Kitchen Aid...making sausage is actually really easy).
    6) Americans should strongly consider getting involved in local farming culture and purchase veggies, fruits, and proteins as local as possible - less additives and the consumer can directly see where the food comes from.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Makes sense, Wicked. The main reason I drastically reduced meat consumption was because of industrial farming, not veganism. If it isn't grass fed, free range or organic, I don't eat it. Same for fruits and veggies. If it isn't organic or pesticide/herbicide free, I don't eat it. And as far as processed food, I'd rather go hungry. Balance is key. What works for me might not be the best thing for the next person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Makes sense, Wicked. The main reason I drastically reduced meat consumption was because of industrial farming, not veganism. If it isn't grass fed, free range or organic, I don't eat it. Same for fruits and veggies. If it isn't organic or pesticide/herbicide free, I don't eat it. And as far as processed food, I'd rather go hungry. Balance is key. What works for me might not be the best thing for the next person.
    Everything in moderation.

It makes sense that if you eat doughnuts, ice cream, and salami sandwiches every day, you'll probably have some health issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.