Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is this too much?

"A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I mean, seriously. Do what ever the hell you want to do as an adult.

But do we really think gender identity is such an issue that we need to give 4 year old the choice to choose?

http://abc11.com/society/transgender...?sf104160531=1
    My friend, American culture and society has been in declined in what is morally right and good for about 50 years now.

If one is born a boy then he is a male, if one is born a girl then she is a female. That is how the Lord our God made you. And, I am hated by so many for expressing that.

Fella, I am moving my loved ones to a discreet place in a discreet state in the future mainly because I don't like what America has become. I'll be damned I'll become a mindless consuming rabbit in our economic system. Politically, I am a registered Independent and a devout Catholic or Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post

If one is born a boy then he is a male, if one is born a girl then she is a female. That is how the Lord our God made you. And, I am hated by so many for expressing that.

Not to get in religious debate, we already have a thread for that, I see using God as something that could be misused here. I haven't heard a trans person speak about religion and how it relates here, but as much as someone wanting to transitions says 'I feel like x gender' they could easily just say, well god intended for me to go through this struggle to find myself, or some bs equal to that. That's why I think using science here would have better purpose as it is actual proof, rather than speculating on an 'intent'.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Not to get in religious debate, we already have a thread for that, I see using God as something that could be misused here. I haven't heard a trans person speak about religion and how it relates here, but as much as someone wanting to transitions says 'I feel like x gender' they could easily just say, well god intended for me to go through this struggle to find myself, or some bs equal to that. That's why I think using science here would have better purpose as it is actual proof, rather than speculating on an 'intent'.
    Yes, I always quote the Bible on social networks in my arguments. I don't care if I am labeled a Jesus freak.
    Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Yes, I always quote the Bible on social networks in my arguments. I don't care if I am labeled a Jesus freak.
    Ciao
    I didn't see a single quote, but ok, you do you.

Blog Entries

How big of a part would you say?

I personally don't think the issue is acceptance but just curious as to what you think?
    not sure what number I would put to it, but Id say its a factor in almost all of them. These kids arent killing themselves because of simply who theyre attracted to naturally. If it wasnt taboo and frowned upon in parts of society and religion, there wouldnt be internal pressure to not be something they are. Acceptance is a very VERY large part of those suicide rates.

Their research shows that LGBT youths "who experience high levels of rejection from their families during adolescence (when compared with those young people who experienced little or no rejection from parents and caregivers) were more than eight times likely to have attempted suicide, more than six times likely to report high levels of depression, more than three times likely to use illegal drugs and more than three times likely to be at high risk for HIV or other STDs" by the time they reach their early 20s.
    Id assume people that dont believe that, are people that dont think theyre born that way and its a choice. Like theyre choosing a path of nonacceptance, so how can they then be upset about it enough to commit suicide when they arent. Thats an assumption in general, not directed towards you personally.

forget who posted about the gender issue "fixing" itself in most cases after puberty. Hormones are a crazy thing, and I certainly wouldnt be for any child to make that choice, no matter how strongly i believe it to be correct, for that reason. there are a large number that go through the process and live much happier lives. It is a real thing, but that would not be the time to do it. 18 makes more sense, but even then Id say puberty can last to early 20s for some people. Its not a decision to take lightly or make hastily. The Dr's performing it need to take better actions to confirm there isnt an underlying issue prior to performing the procedure.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This. This subject right here is what makes this country doomed. I may say some stupid shit....disclaimer issued. Edit* Sorry, long post

So i will first start off by saying, i dont care if you are gay, lesbian (gigity), bi, whatever...bang who you want to bang. (The most fun i have ever had was at a gay club (i am straight), seriously, young guys take note: If you have some gay friends and they invite you to go clubbing with them, do. As soon as women find out you are straight and at a gay club, they love you, never failed, but this is off-topic.) If a guy wants to grow out his hair, wear heels, get some boobs, by all means, if that makes you happy, do it, vice-versa as well. But this is starting to become an issue when we are changing biology to fit ones feelings, if you were born with a dick.....hate to tell you this, you are dude, this is science. I can't be mad that i wasn't born a bear and just decide to be a bear. I was born in the wrong era, well now i am transage because i feel i better relate to a different era in time. Im sure you all see where i am going with this. Trans-height, trans-race, trans-species...seriously, give it time before its tried. If we are going to ignore straight up science to fit a culture's social acceptance and feelings, its a no win situation.

Like its been stated, gender dysphoria is confusion of one's gender identity, if we know someone is born a man and thinks they are a woman, why would we encourage this train of thought? When someone has psychosis we don't encourage them to continue to keep talking to the wall outlet or that yes, you are the Wizard of Oz, but when someone's feelings are hurt, thats apparently when its ok. A 40% suicide rate is absolutely insane, wouldn't that lead one to believe this is a mental disorder?

The fact that some want/demand that we change pronouns to fit their gender identity is just absolutely insane. Jordan Peterson, a professor in Canada had a huge issue with this and stood up for his right to not have legislature determine the words that he uses. We are getting to the point where a government is trying to dictate what words come out of our mouth? That to me, is a scary thought.

I do not have a college degree, i am not going to be a scientist that cures cancer, but i do have some logic and common sense (at least i think i do), and we are getting so far away from letting facts dictate the world around us, it is more important about one's feelings. Guess what? Not everyone is a winner, sometimes trying your best just isnt good enough. Not fair? Either is life. This seems like a bigger problem among the younger generation where they were all told they are unique, special, and got their 14th place trophies just for showing up. Facts don't care about your feelings- Ben Shapiro

Ill use an analogy i think works here, add a link or two, and spare you any more of my ranting because im all over the place. To me, all this shit is like waiting in line at Subway. I dont give a shit what the person in front of me orders, doesn't affect me. But once that person starts trying to tell me what i can and can't order....it's a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4
    Great post. And that video... what the fuck? All those people were SOOOOO concerned with hurting feelings or being offensive. I'm not saying you should just throw peoples feelings out the window when talking, but they were completely disregarding facts. Sad times.

Found this when I watched yours. Good logic stuff here, that poor girl, so confused.

Great post. And that video... what the fuck? All those people were SOOOOO concerned with hurting feelings or being offensive. I'm not saying you should just throw peoples feelings out the window when talking, but they were completely disregarding facts. Sad times.
    Yup and I think this is where we're seeing populations who feel they are stigmatized are actually, in effect, stigmatizing themselves through the, for lack of a better term, butt hurt movement.

The transgender community is up there with feminists for the worse IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    not sure what number I would put to it, but Id say its a factor in almost all of them. These kids arent killing themselves because of simply who theyre attracted to naturally. If it wasnt taboo and frowned upon in parts of society and religion, there wouldnt be internal pressure to not be something they are. Acceptance is a very VERY large part of those suicide rates.
    I would agree with that. I don't think it's THEE factor, but a think it's a factor. The main factor I would think is that you're unhappy with yourself (clearly).

I felt Michael Jackson was ridiculous for painting himself white, so you can imagine what I think about these transgender folks.

As a social conservative, I am very disgusted with where America has gone.

I know as a Republican, this may have people label me as a political heretic, but Muslims are the last hope for social conservatives to right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post
    I felt Michael Jackson was ridiculous for painting himself white, so you can imagine what I think about these transgender folks.
    This is the kind of attitude that makes people not feel accepted.

Question - why does it bother YOU what someone else does with THEIR body?

They're not trying to influence you to change anything in your life. They're changing THEIR life.

I will never in my life understand this type of attitude. If it has nothing to do with you then why do you care? If the guy sitting in the cubicle beside me wants to go get a sex change, go for it. Do what you want with your own life. However, this is the type of attitude that people have. As a result people feel a lack of acceptance for making a change that they feel is best for them. It's this type of attitude that makes it hard to say "That guys an asshole, who cares"
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that makes people not feel accepted.

Question - why does it bother YOU what someone else does with THEIR body?

They're not trying to influence you to change anything in your life. They're changing THEIR life.

I will never in my life understand this type of attitude. If it has nothing to do with you then why do you care? If the guy sitting in the cubicle beside me wants to go get a sex change, go for it. Do what you want with your own life. However, this is the type of attitude that people have. As a result people feel a lack of acceptance for making a change that they feel is best for them. It's this type of attitude that makes it hard to say "That guys an asshole, who cares"
    My thought process is the same as yours, do whatever you want I don't care. The one thing I would point out is that, not accepting Chuck's view and wanting him to have our view is doing the same thing to him, as he's doing to transgender people (not accepting their view of life).

Chuck has the right to feel how ever he wants, and if transgender people need EVERYONE to accept them and their choices to be okay with life, then just stop right now.

If you live your life trying to be accepted by others, you'll never be happy, no matter your problems.