Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is this too much?

I mean, seriously. Do what ever the hell you want to do as an adult.

But do we really think gender identity is such an issue that we need to give 4 year old the choice to choose?

http://abc11.com/society/transgender...?sf104160531=1

Blog Entries

Re: Is this too much?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I mean, seriously. Do what ever the hell you want to do as an adult.

But do we really think gender identity is such an issue that we need to give 4 year old the choice to choose?

http://abc11.com/society/transgender...?sf104160531=1
    Funny you mention this...

A good friend, who lives outside of Seattle, sent me a screen shot of a recent local news article out there...

The article basically said that "children as young as 5 will now be taught about 'gender expression, gender identity and fluidity, sexual orientation, and HIV prevention'.

My son is five. He still thinks "butt" is a bad word. What fucking 5 year old needs to know about "gender fluidity" - give me a FUCKING break. The whole thing is nonsense IMO.

Further from the article...

"Third graders will be taught they can choose their own gender. Fourth graders will be taught that gender roles are social constructs."

What makes it worse is that the school board didn't even ask the parents in those districts what their thoughts/opinions were on adding garbage like this to the curriculum.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I really think this is largely part of the same issues we're seeing on college campuses from Leftist ideology. Everyone has to be unique and special. Feelings matter more than facts. Words matter more than action.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Funny you mention this...

A good friend, who lives outside of Seattle, sent me a screen shot of a recent local news article out there...

The article basically said that "children as young as 5 will now be taught about 'gender expression, gender identity and fluidity, sexual orientation, and HIV prevention'.

My son is five. He still thinks "butt" is a bad word. What fucking 5 year old needs to know about "gender fluidity" - give me a FUCKING break. The whole thing is nonsense IMO.

Further from the article...

"Third graders will be taught they can choose their own gender. Fourth graders will be taught that gender roles are social constructs."

What makes it worse is that the school board didn't even ask the parents in those districts what their thoughts/opinions were on adding garbage like this to the curriculum.
    Seriously! I saw this on facebook and a comment said "when I was 4 I wanted to be a Thunder Cat" . Hahaha, I was like no shit.

Blog Entries

My buddy I mentioned above is getting ready to get married and he and his fiance do want kids, but they're not going to allow their kids to go to those schools. They're already thinking about moving to Idaho or somewhere a bit more sane. Either that, or they're seriously contemplating homeschooling.

Blog Entries

Another thought I had about this. Suicide rate amongst transgender people is 40%. Why would you want to potentially confuse people who wouldn't other wise be confused, potentially putting them in danger of attempting suicide?

Am I overthinking that?

Blog Entries

Another thought I had about this. Suicide rate amongst transgender people is 40%. Why would you want to potentially confuse people who wouldn't other wise be confused, potentially putting them in danger of attempting suicide?

Am I overthinking that?
    I dont know if you're overthinking that. However, the suicide rate is a very important piece of this.

It kind of reminds me of the old adage "Money doesn't buy you happiness". You can be rich as shit, have a nice house, have nice clothes, have nice cars...but if you're a miserable fuck, none of that matters. You have to get right with you.

I feel like it is the same concept with guys and gals that suffer from gender dysphoria (or whatever). They're not happy with themselves...so they think being something else will make them feel better. Then, when it doesn't, they're still depressed and suicidal. And those people that start going through transitioning steps (surgeries, etc) to morph into the other gender...those are things you can't really come back from. So, now they're even more depressed because they've taken seriously drastic steps on a falsehood.

I also think it is highly immoral to try and convince young boys and girls that they're not really boys and girls (completely defying biology). That's such a mind fuck at such a young and vulnerable age. It's borderline predatory, IMO.

Blog Entries

It kind of reminds me of the old adage "Money doesn't buy you happiness". You can be rich as shit, have a nice house, have nice clothes, have nice cars...but if you're a miserable fuck, none of that matters. You have to get right with you.

I feel like it is the same concept with guys and gals that suffer from gender dysphoria (or whatever). They're not happy with themselves...so they think being something else will make them feel better. Then, when it doesn't, they're still depressed and suicidal. And those people that start going through transitioning steps (surgeries, etc) to morph into the other gender...those are things you can't really come back from. So, now they're even more depressed because they've taken seriously drastic steps on a falsehood.
    Thats very accurate. Some people with gender identity issues dont really have them. They feel its the answer to their problem (a lot of cases homosexuality), that will make them happy. It doesnt. These get grouped into gender issues and transgender, but in reality are different issues. Society does have a part in this, as acceptance would greatly lower those numbers of suicides, as well as gay suicides.

i dont really "get" the gender identity issue. I know its a real thing, and I support those that truly feel they are trapped in the wrong body. As a society we really just need to be understanding of others freedom to be whatever the fuck they want to be. Acceptance should be taught, gender issues specifically I dont think are necessary if that basic concept is taught properly. Part of freedom is accepting that others have freedom as well, thats something the left and the right both get wrong.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Thats very accurate. Some people with gender identity issues dont really have them. They feel its the answer to their problem (a lot of cases homosexuality), that will make them happy. It doesnt. These get grouped into gender issues and transgender, but in reality are different issues. Society does have a part in this, as acceptance would greatly lower those numbers of suicides, as well as gay suicides.

i dont really "get" the gender identity issue. I know its a real thing, and I support those that truly feel they are trapped in the wrong body. As a society we really just need to be understanding of others freedom to be whatever the fuck they want to be. Acceptance should be taught, gender issues specifically I dont think are necessary if that basic concept is taught properly. Part of freedom is accepting that others have freedom as well, thats something the left and the right both get wrong.
    One can be tolerant without having to kowtow to ridiculous standards that don't really mean anything and are just being used as vehicles to promote "being offended".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

How big of a part would you say?

I personally don't think the issue is acceptance but just curious as to what you think?

Blog Entries

How big of a part would you say?

I personally don't think the issue is acceptance but just curious as to what you think?
    Acceptance is a funny thing and I think some people use that almost as a cover for more internal issues.

"I'm not accepted by society...I'm a freak...I'm...."

That's not exactly what I would call society pushing back on that person. That is THAT PERSON not accepting themselves for who and what they are.

Blog Entries

Acceptance is a funny thing and I think some people use that almost as a cover for more internal issues.

"I'm not accepted by society...I'm a freak...I'm...."

That's not exactly what I would call society pushing back on that person. That is THAT PERSON not accepting themselves for who and what they are.
    Funny you say that. I just saw this pop up.

15-Year-Old Boy Undergoes Sex Change.
    “I wasn’t confused," declared Cooper. "But people around me confused me."

“I know some people would say it was all too much, too young," he said. "But you know your own mind. You know when you’re living life in the wrong body."
    Mmmmm hmmmm. This is everyone else's fault....