Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Austin Howard is in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    What's the cap space looking like at the moment?
    Around $5 million now, will be a couple hundred thousand at the start of the season.

They have some decisions to make regarding restructuring or releasing someone with a significant cap number.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

They are finalizing deal

Cutting Watson saves us 3M.

I'm not sure if you can justify doing that with Crockett going down. Pre-injury I would have advocated for it because I think Boyle can be the primary blocker.

Then again Crockett or Maxx was gauaranteed to get hurt and Donnell sucks.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If he can be a decent RT, this would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If he can be a decent RT, this would be huge.
    As bad as this sounds, I'm okay with Hurst starting if he beats out Howard. Having a true pro as a back-up makes me feel a lot better than two late round/undrafted rookies

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    JAB, you're sure optimistic. While I'm certainly not a pessimist by nature, we've got to look at this impartially : When has Jensen ever played center for the Ravens? Now you're anointing him the starter. While I wouldn't mind Hurst as a back-up T, he hasn't shown enough IMO to hold down the full-time RT position. If you're counting on Eluemanor and Skura, two guys without an NFL snap between them to be primary back-ups, heaven help us. Howard at least has NFL experience and I'd gladly use him in a more primary role... Bc
    I think Jensen saw some action at center last year during the regular season. I know The Ravens had him play center last year in preseason.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Oh hell yea. I had my eye on him as soon as I saw he was released a week ago. We HAD to address the OLine one way or another especially now with the injuries. Still worried about the depth but this guy should certainly be an upgrade over what we had over there.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

someone will get cut or restructured or both.

This is definitely an upgrade and a step in the right direction. The Ravens could also really use Mangold if he's healthy. In order to solidify the line they really need to see how they can clear up some cap space to get him in here....again, if healthy. I agree with GWNR that the line would appear more solid with Mangold and Howard out there compared to where it was yesterday.

Need to bring in TE like Barnidge and cut Watson love the dude but he's dead weight.

Blog Entries

I'm still iffy on Mangold. but at this point we have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I think Jensen saw some action at center last year during the regular season. I know The Ravens had him play center last year in preseason.
    Preseason game 1:

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016/...season-opener/

That's last years opener and mid-way down it shows the OL rotation throughout the game. Notes:

Jensen, Ryan (0): Ryan had extended work as the center for the 2nd unit. He made a big block to spring Allen on his 19-yard TD reception (Q2, 1:04). He was bulled by Eric Crume for pressure on the 29-yard Josh Johnson to Boyle completion (Q3, 3:08).

Preseason game 2:

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016/...season-grades/ (Jensen only 2 series at C and then 3 at RG

Jensen, Ryan (-2/-2): Ryan had a bad night at center that included a fumbled exchange with Josh Johnson (Q4, 15:00) and a pancaking at the goal line by DT Lumpkin (Q4, 12:23) that blew up Dixon’s run for a loss of 2 and forced the Ravens to settle for 3. He and Skuba failed to pick up the stunting McGill who took down Jerrod Johnson for a sack at the LoS. Ryan’s play, coupled with the fact he did not start at LG is a good indication he won’t be a starter when the season opens, even if Urschel is not healthy.

Preseason game 3:

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016/...e-line-grades/

5 series at C.

– Jensen also had an extended trial at center (32 snaps) followed by a series at guard (11). He was nearly flawless, with his only negative score a shared penetration (Q3, 6:31) where he and Ducasse each had responsibility for allowing Allen to be tackled for a loss of 1. Otherwise, he made 40 blocks, missed 2, scored a raw .91 with 4 highlight blocks (great rate; see individual notes for descriptions). Given he missed the first 2 series, his adjustment can’t be as big as Lewis, but I credited him with .97 adjusted score, which is an A at either center or guard. In the final preseason game, I expect we’ll see more of Jensen at both center and guard.

Preseason game 4:

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016/...fensive-notes/

Most of the game at C

Jensen, Ryan (+2/+3): I think Ryan is likely to start a game at some point in 2016. Scoring: 50 plays, 48 blocks, 2 missed, 48 points (.96 per play). That’s an A with or without adjustment at either position.

Finished the preseason pretty well.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB