Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Re: Ravens Statement on ESPN Report Concerning Colin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

There were no shootings today or yesterday (at least the high profile/ whit cop shoots black person). If there were a "few" who protect and serve, than by definition there would be more who don't protect and serve. If there are more who don't there would be more shootings than not. But there weren't any, so I think your comment of "certain few" is inaccurate. Thus showing you're painting with a broad brush.
    We will just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Exactly. She's a 36 year old woman and can post whatever the hell she wants. She doesn't need a man's permission.
    I don't think it's so much a man's permission, but that it hurts his image. Part of the reason Kapernick is unsigned is his history of self-induced drama. Everyone here knows it. His girlfriend calling Ray Lewis a slave is probably not going to help the situation.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don't think it's so much a man's permission, but that it hurts his image. Part of the reason Kapernick is unsigned is his history of self-induced drama. Everyone here knows it. His girlfriend calling Ray Lewis a slave is probably not going to help the situation.
    I agree that nothing positive is going to come from what his girlfriend posted. But I think Brent Grimes is proof that what your significant other says or does doesn't really have an impact. If you can play, most teams will deal with that headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that nothing positive is going to come from what his girlfriend posted. But I think Brent Grimes is proof that what your significant other says or does doesn't really have an impact. If you can play, most teams will deal with that headache.

You're right. But Kaepernick is a back-up, and has more on his plate than just his girlfriend posting. In the Grimes situation, it felt like a lot of people felt sorry for the guy more than were hating on him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

You're right. But Kaepernick is a back-up, and has more on his plate than just his girlfriend posting. In the Grimes situation, it felt like a lot of people felt sorry for the guy more than were hating on him.
    And you could definitely argue that the Dolphins got tired of listening to her. They were probably going to cut him anyway, but because of her, they certainly didn't have any remorse over it.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    There are two Americas. One of privilege and one of oppression. Ray Lewis is from the oppressed class caping for the privileged one. And that's why Colin has the hearts and minds of the hood, and why Ray Lewis time as a leader in the black community has passed. People can't stand Ray Lewis anymore. He's delusional and only people that can't separate the man from the player are still in love with his shucking and jiving and toe tapping.
    Honestly, I don't see the oppression. Are there isolated incidents and certain individuals that need to be rooted out in the police force? Sure and I think anyone who has constructive ideas to improve the situation should be given voice and be heard.

But the idea that America is an oppressive nation? Sorry I don't see it. This is the free-est nation on the planet earth. If you feel otherwise maybe you need to find a country that works better for you. Keapernick suggests Cuba.

Is everyone born into the same situation? No but such is life. You don't get to choose your parents. Ray Lewis mother was 15 years old when she had him. You don't think his life would have been a whole lot easier if some upper middle class family from Wisconsin adopted him? I don't hear him complaining. it's funny how those who often go out and make something of themselves despite how they came in the world are the last ones who complain.
    Last edited by boller4president; 08-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Oh yeah. I definitely don't see it helping him at all. The implication from an earlier poster seemed to be sure wouldn't have been allowed to post it if Kap wasn't ok with it. That was the part I was taking issue with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I get that many don't agree (myself included) with what Kaepernick did. But look some of the characters we've had on this team. Are we really going to draw the line at a guy kneeling in protest? Do people not realize how hypocritical that is?
    This.