Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Politics Surrounding Collin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Since you seem to be labeling Americans, would Obama be allowed to answer only half of your question? What are your qualifications for the"white America" club? Only lily whites need apply?

I never knew some people could get their panties in such a bunch over being addressed by their race and nationality.

Now Everything_Ravens is responsible for the advent of labeling people by race? Never mind it's been on job applications for as long as I can remember, forget about the Census Bureau questionnaire, pay no attention to your local news channel which throws up statistics dividing behavioral characteristics among racial lines every time you turn on the TV......NO..... pay no attention ....blame it on me.

LOL... if Obama identifies with being a white man then yes he can answer my question. If he identifies with being a black man or bi racial then that particular question that i was asking was not a solicitation for his participation.

Why are you "CarrollCoRaven" instead of "MarylandRaven", or how about just "USARAVEN"?....

I think you and "NCRAVEN" have a bias for people from other states and counties. If you didn't you would have just named yourselves RAVENS
    Last edited by Everything_Ravens; 08-06-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Look up in the sky it's a witty response, no it's a joke... nope it's deflection. Definitely deflection.

Blog Entries

Only fifty years ago in many parts of the country, an African American could put on the uniform, go to war and come back home and be treated like second rate citizen. Now, we want to crucify a man for kneeling? A young man whose heart is in the right place, but who is somewhat misguided. The sort of man that mentors could get their arms around so that he could make a difference. No, but we wanna forgive Ray Rice for KO'ing his old lady just because he recited some written apologies and donated some money.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If only we could just hold our elected officials to the same standards that we hold our quarterbacks in this country to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Only fifty years ago in many parts of the country, an African American could put on the uniform, go to war and come back home and be treated like second rate citizen. Now, we want to crucify a man for kneeling? A young man whose heart is in the right place, but who is somewhat misguided. The sort of man that mentors could get their arms around so that he could make a difference. No, but we wanna forgive Ray Rice for KO'ing his old lady just because he recited some written apologies and donated some money.
    Nobody is crucifying Kapernick, nobody is suggesting they want something bad to happen to him. He protested by kneeling and wearing stupid socks. People have the right to not pay money to a team that employs him.

The amazing thing about this entire situation is the hypocrites who scream that Kaepernick has the right to protest who are bitching at people who are counter-protesting. I can't recall anybody saying he didn't have the right to kneel. I don't remember anybody saying he didn't have the right to wear stupid socks, or praise a mass murderer. It is our right to decide if we want to support him in these actions or not.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Nobody is crucifying Kapernick, nobody is suggesting they want something bad to happen to him. He protested by kneeling and wearing stupid socks. People have the right to not pay money to a team that employs him.

The amazing thing about this entire situation is the hypocrites who scream that Kaepernick has the right to protest who are bitching at people who are counter-protesting. I can't recall anybody saying he didn't have the right to kneel. I don't remember anybody saying he didn't have the right to wear stupid socks, or praise a mass murderer. It is our right to decide if we want to support him in these actions or not.
    WORD!

Tolerance means excepting the unpopular view, it doesn't mean the unpopular view(er) has to except you have a different one too...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

When you catch more heat than woman-beaters, murderers and rapists, you are getting crucified.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

When you catch more heat than woman-beaters, murderers and rapists, you are getting crucified.
    Funny, I see more people on his side than not.

I would be on his side too... if he's speak up for both sides of the issue. There have been incidents of cops being targeted, sitting in their police car and murdered, I don't recall him saying shit about that. Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't see why people care so much. They've supported the league and attended the games before the league was officially doing the National Anthem before games. They've supported the league and attended the games after they found out that the league was only doing so, because they were getting paid to do it. They yell "OOOOO!!" during the anthem......................but will suddenly turn in their PSLs over some has-been back-up QB who kneels for the anthem, while also being surrounded by plenty of people in the stands on their phones, with hats on and some not even standing themselves, to the anthem?

I don't care that much. Kaepernick wasn't even the only 49er to stand. Am I going to go out of my way to research who the other guys were, what teams they are on now and not watch those games? Hell to the No. That's what makes this so ridiculous. Nobody is going out to find out all of the other players who did it last year were and what team they were on. It's just about Squidward. Who cares about Squidward that much that their PSLs will be sold?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Funny, I see more people on his side than not.

I would be on his side too... if he's speak up for both sides of the issue. There have been incidents of cops being targeted, sitting in their police car and murdered, I don't recall him saying shit about that. Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me.
    I'd agree with you in general, but apparently most of them aren't really into football, because the majority of football fans have spoken and the Owners have listened.

I'd agree with you in general, but apparently most of them aren't really into football, because the majority of football fans have spoken and the Owners have listened.
    And the dude just sucks. Take being a back-up caliber QB at best, combined with all the stuff surrounding him, and he probably won't be signed.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Colin is better than Flacco right now. The people who are against him don't even understand the issue. This has nothing to do with the troops and the military.