Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415
    Blog Entries

Re: The Politics Surrounding Collin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Let's cut the malarchy! This has nothing to do with a person's place of work. These phony bullshit narratives are the reason this country is going down the shitter. This is about unarmed black folk getting murked by the police. People can agree that this is happening. But the public don't care about the plight of black folks. This got nothing to do with the flag, patriotism, or workplace etiquette. It's about millionaires who just happen to be black, being neutered for living in a sometimes unjust society and rightfully complaining about it. Neutered because a lot of white folks are afraid that Negroes with dollars and opinions may actually have an effect on public policy if they are united. That's what this is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    This is the problem. A large part of white society wants to remain blind to the issue because it in essence questions the entire power structure we were raised to believe in.
    The police are overwhelmingly allowed leeway to act as they deem necessary because we were raised with belief in the unquestionable righteousness of the boys in blue. The problem is they are not angels, they're human. And you're gonna get shitty ones. The problem is exacerbated when those that are shitty are not punished for their actions and instead of being removed from the unit, they thrive, become senior officers and create more like them. So then you end up with a large ass infected organism operating under fear driven standards in opposition of the people you're supposed to be serving. And from within that organism it becomes perfectly feasible to you to fear for your life when some deaf person is holding a pipe and waving it because they can't hear what they're yelling at you. Or some tiny lady is holding a knife. Or some guy is fighting you to get out of the chokehold you have him in. And then you take it too far. And others take it too far. And that becomes the standard.
    And then media technology progresses to the point where these standard things aren't just covered locally with a statement from the police anymore. They're caught on camera. They're shared on social media. They become thr news. And people see the patterns of force being more excessive against minorities and they start speaking up.
    And maybe you put yourself in their situation and say "I'd fear for my life if I was that cop." But they're supposed to be better than you and I. If they're not expected to be better then they shouldn't have lethal authority. They are there to maintain peace, de-escalate situations and restore order, not create death and invite chaos.
    And... I just have to ask... if you don't want politics and activism in your sports, then why are you in the politics section of a sports site?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Both of you guys knocked it out of the park with your responses. ".. if you don't want politics and activism in your sports, then why are you in the politics section of a sports site? " Wow...Flex drop a bomb to that....

That said i just don't understand why you entertain these people on her so often. I have definitely taken the bait a time or two, and I do understand how communication can bring understanding, but at what point do you realize after all their false narratives, false equivocations, and deflection arguments, that trying to enlighten people who don't want to be is a waste of time. For instance, if you have to explain to somone on here little silly shit like how gang bangers in Chicago killing each other doesn't preclude us from demanding police accountability, then you are wasting your time and further more it should be evident that kind of rhetoric and thinking is at the heart of today's problem. That kind of stupid is not going to be cured over a msg board. Their ignorance is dangerous but the times of trying to explain shit to people who want to maintain the status quo are over with. It's time to start using our energy in ways that directly influence change.
    Last edited by Everything_Ravens; 09-24-2017 at 02:37 AM.

This is the problem. A large part of white society wants to remain blind to the issue because it in essence questions the entire power structure we were raised to believe in.
    The police are overwhelmingly allowed leeway to act as they deem necessary because we were raised with belief in the unquestionable righteousness of the boys in blue. The problem is they are not angels, they're human. And you're gonna get shitty ones. The problem is exacerbated when those that are shitty are not punished for their actions and instead of being removed from the unit, they thrive, become senior officers and create more like them. So then you end up with a large ass infected organism operating under fear driven standards in opposition of the people you're supposed to be serving. And from within that organism it becomes perfectly feasible to you to fear for your life when some deaf person is holding a pipe and waving it because they can't hear what they're yelling at you. Or some tiny lady is holding a knife. Or some guy is fighting you to get out of the chokehold you have him in. And then you take it too far. And others take it too far. And that becomes the standard.
    And then media technology progresses to the point where these standard things aren't just covered locally with a statement from the police anymore. They're caught on camera. They're shared on social media. They become thr news. And people see the patterns of force being more excessive against minorities and they start speaking up.
    And maybe you put yourself in their situation and say "I'd fear for my life if I was that cop." But they're supposed to be better than you and I. If they're not expected to be better then they shouldn't have lethal authority. They are there to maintain peace, de-escalate situations and restore order, not create death and invite chaos.
    And... I just have to ask... if you don't want politics and activism in your sports, then why are you in the politics section of a sports site?

Your argument is that all cops are bad people and shouldn't have the right to defend themselves? Cause that is what you just said.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm asking for it to be separated from my entertainment.

The police are overwhelmingly allowed leeway to act as they deem necessary because we were raised with belief in the unquestionable righteousness of the boys in blue. The problem is they are not angels, they're human. And you're gonna get shitty ones. The problem is exacerbated when those that are shitty are not punished for their actions and instead of being removed from the unit, they thrive, become senior officers and create more like them.
    That would a problem. And one I agree needs to be stopped. Can you give me examples of where that's happening?

Really....? It's in the politics section. Separate from the sports....

When white folks are inconvenienced with their privilege, they lash out. They say I don't want my sports mixed with my politics. Black folk are saying " Man fuck your politics we getting killed out here in these streets! Instead of white folk saying yea bro let's get these BAD cops off the force and bring awareness to the problem , white folks are like just do the got damn jitterbug, score my touchdowns, and STFU. You are making millions in our great country. They don't see this ain't about the players, it's the people they represent and their relatives!!! Wake up people, before it's too late!

Ray Lewis kneeled today lmao

Blog Entries

The Politics Surrounding Collin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    When white folks are inconvenienced with their privilege, they lash out. They say I don't want my sports mixed with my politics. Black folk are saying " Man fuck your politics we getting killed out here in these streets! Instead of white folk saying yea bro let's get these BAD cops off the force and bring awareness to the problem , white folks are like just do the got damn jitterbug, score my touchdowns, and STFU. You are making millions in our great country. They don't see this ain't about the players, it's the people they represent and their relatives!!! Wake up people, before it's too late!
    A lot of the deaths that black Americans deal with on a daily basis are at the hands of other black Americans.

As a white person, it’s hard for me to see you paint with such a broad brush because it comes across as hypocritical. You say that white folks are inconvenienced with their “privilege”, I can just as easily say that black folks are inconvenienced by statistics and academic research that doesn’t really support the narrative that white people are the root of all evil in the world.

Just being real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Collin Kaepernick and Ray Rice:

I. Both are out of a job.

A. Ray Rice as if he was in a boxing match in a ring punched a woman.

B. Collin Kaepernick knelt during the national anthem because he disagreed with what our countries flag represents.

*NOTE: Correct me if I made an error anywhere.
    Last edited by Baltravens; 09-24-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Your argument is that all cops are bad people and shouldn't have the right to defend themselves? Cause that is what you just said.
    You should probably reread his comment for comprehension if that's what you took away from it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of the deaths that black Americans deal with on a daily basis are at the hands of other black Americans.

As a white person, it’s hard for me to see you paint with such a broad brush because it comes across as hypocritical. You say that white folks are inconvenienced with their “privilege”, I can just as easily say that black folks are inconvenienced by statistics and academic research that doesn’t really support the narrative that white people are the root of all evil in the world.

Just being real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude, you shouldn't bring up logic like that.....