Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSRFL Season II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

RSRFL Season II

Greetings, here is the area where we talk about the up coming season. Since I run multiple leagues, I heard no grousing over the rules as they are standard across all my leagues. But GWNR raised issue with scoring on Special Teams and Defense so let the bitching commence.

Re: RSRFL Season II

get rid of the +1 for home field advantage..and i think we have to figure out the PPR issues, was it .1 last year or .1 for 10 receptions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    get rid of the +1 for home field advantage..and i think we have to figure out the PPR issues, was it .1 last year or .1 for 10 receptions?
    Receiving - Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1 Every 10 receptions (REC10) 0.5

You, GOTA, & Wicked want to dump the +1 home field advantage, so I will table that as a change if there are no objections.

I agree with +1 for home field advantage being removed.

I would like to remove PPR too. The scoring system didn't make sense to me. Either it should be a 0.25 or 0.5 per reception. No yards IMO. It's PPR not PPRY. But I will go with what the board wants.

How do the defensive points work? They seemed insaenly high last year a lot of 20+ points.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

5. Re: RSRFL Season II

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Receiving- Receiving Yards (REY)0.1Every 10 receptions (REC10)0.5

You, GOTA, & Wicked want to dump the +1 home field advantage, so I will table that as a change if there are no objections.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

I would like to remove PPR too. The scoring system didn't make sense to me. Either it should be a 0.25 or 0.5 per reception. No yards IMO. It's PPR not PPRY. But I will go with what the board wants.

How do the defensive points work? They seemed insaenly high last year a lot of 20+ points.
    How about 1 pt per reception and .1 pt per yard e.g., 10 catches for 100 yards = 20 pts?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don't agree. PPR should be applied. Otherwise you're severely limiting the number of quality receivers WRs that are available.

For example, without PPR, a receiver/tight end that has 6 receptions for 80 yards just gets 8 points. A different receiver that has 2 receptions for 20 yards and a TD gets either the same (if TD's count for 6points) or 9 points (if TD's count for 7pts).

I don't think PPR should be astronomical, but I think .25 or .50 points per reception is fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't agree. PPR should be applied. Otherwise you're severely limiting the number of quality receivers WRs that are available.

For example, without PPR, a receiver/tight end that has 6 receptions for 80 yards just gets 8 points. A different receiver that has 2 receptions for 20 yards and a TD gets either the same (if TD's count for 6points) or 9 points (if TD's count for 7pts).

I don't think PPR should be astronomical, but I think .25 or .50 points per reception is fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really limiting anything. All you're doing is shifting how value particular WRs are. You're putting more emphasis on TDs and yardage than you are on receptions.

Again, the entire concept of PPR is to make WRs as valuable as RBs, not to make one class of WRs more valuable than another. We could argue all day long about which one of those two stat lines you're rather have on an actual team.

We've seen guys who catch 10 balls for like 60 yards. I personally don't think that's really worth rewarding, because 6.0 YPC is a pathetic stat line by any possible metric.

I honestly don't care if we do PPR or not, but for PPR to have any real value at all, it probably needs to be at least 0.33 per reception or higher. Doing like a 0.1 or 0.05 PPR (current setting) doesn't make any WRs more valuable than anybody else... you'd still rather have the guy who catches 10 TDs over the guy who's catching 130 passes, because the receptions just aren't going to lead to many points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Not really limiting anything. All you're doing is shifting how value particular WRs are. You're putting more emphasis on TDs and yardage than you are on receptions.

Again, the entire concept of PPR is to make WRs as valuable as RBs, not to make one class of WRs more valuable than another. We could argue all day long about which one of those two stat lines you're rather have on an actual team.

We've seen guys who catch 10 balls for like 60 yards. I personally don't think that's really worth rewarding, because 6.0 YPC is a pathetic stat line by any possible metric.

I honestly don't care if we do PPR or not, but for PPR to have any real value at all, it probably needs to be at least 0.33 per reception or higher. Doing like a 0.1 or 0.05 PPR (current setting) doesn't make any WRs more valuable than anybody else... you'd still rather have the guy who catches 10 TDs over the guy who's catching 130 passes, because the receptions just aren't going to lead to many points.
    Catching 10 passes isn't worth rewarding?

Count how many games last year a WR had 10 catches. If there were any, it's VERY few. Very few.

And when I say limiting, I mean it is limiting from a roster perspective. It's the difference between someone like Jason Witten (who may not get in the end zone much, but he gets a lot of receptions) and Jimmy Graham who is more of a red zone threat, but may not catch as many passes. It's just a balancing act.

I'm not saying 1 point per reception...I think 0.25 per reception is probably fine...so basically, 4 catches would be 1 point. 4 rec, 80 yards, and 1 TD would be 15 points whereas 4 for 80 would just be 9 points.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Catching 10 passes isn't worth rewarding?

Count how many games last year a WR had 10 catches. If there were any, it's VERY few. Very few.

And when I say limiting, I mean it is limiting from a roster perspective. It's the difference between someone like Jason Witten (who may not get in the end zone much, but he gets a lot of receptions) and Jimmy Graham who is more of a red zone threat, but may not catch as many passes. It's just a balancing act.

I'm not saying 1 point per reception...I think 0.25 per reception is probably fine...so basically, 4 catches would be 1 point. 4 rec, 80 yards, and 1 TD would be 15 points whereas 4 for 80 would just be 9 points.
    Would depend. In general, 10 receptions is worth rewarding for more than the receptions. Its worth rewarding because, in most cases, you're looking at an over 100 yard game. So that's worth rewarding, and the current format does so.

If a guy somehow manages to catch 10 passes for like 70 or 80 yards, I'd be highly unimpressed. I'm actually not sure what he did in that game that was relevant. He's basically Dennis Pitta at that point.

We're probably splitting hairs in regards to giving that many points per reception, and I agree that like a 0.25 or 0.33 format makes perfect sense.

I'm merely pointing out the flaws in the PPR system. Again, it was designed to bring WRs even with RBs in terms of value. I think those days are long, long, long gone, even without a PPR system. Even in a standard scoring league, you're seeing at least 3 or 4 WRs going in the top 10, based as much on yardage/TDs as it is on receptions. In fact, if you really look at like the top 10 WRs in fantasy, very few, if any of them, are there based on volume of catches. They're there because they're all out there averaging like 12-15 YPC, and scoring TDs.

Blog Entries

I want 4 points for a 40+ yard kick, 5 for a 50+ yard kick, and 10! for a 60+ yard kick.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11. Re: RSRFL Season II

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I want 4 points for a 40+ yard kick, 5 for a 50+ yard kick, and 10! for a 60+ yard kick.
    We did that in a league I was in once (3, 4, 5, 6) but the opposite was true too. In other words, if you missed an extra point...negative 6, whereas if you missed a 60 yarder, it was only minus one or two.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    1. Removal of home field +1? I agree.

2. PPR is not going away. I worked real hard a couple of years getting it right and from what I have seen and researched not to mention one of my players is in like 20 leagues for big money, agrees it works.

3. Defensive points were intentionally high. I have toyed with the idea of adding defensive players, but it really complicates lineups in regard to injuries. That being said, defense to me is a major part of the game that is underappreciated in fantasy. By my logic, just picking any old defense at the end of the draft or rotating it throughout the year with whatever is lying around to keep better offensive players isn't in the true nature of the game. Good defense should be rewarded and it is an important aspect of the game.

4. Kicking point system that Ex brings up correlates to the importance of having a good kicker, much like the defense not getting love so I am open to changing that this year. What say the rest of you.