Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin Howard

Austin Howard

Per rotoworld:

Raiders released G/T Austin Howard.
    This locks in Marshall Newhouse as the Raiders' starting right tackle, making him easily the weakest link on this elite line. Howard, 30, made it through three years of a five-year, $30 million deal and started 39-of-40 games he appeared in for the Silver and Black. He's recovering from offseason shoulder surgery but should be at or near 100 percent

Re: Austin Howard

I want him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

You couldn't ask for a better solution to our RT problem to fall into our laps at this point. Issue is going to be, as always, money.

Howard was a member of the Ravens 2011 practice squad. Last season per PFF he graded out as the 48th best pass blocking tackle and the 50th best run blocking T. Overall 52nd.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Howard was a member of the Ravens 2011 practice squad. Last season per PFF he graded out as the 48th best pass blocking tackle and the 50th best run blocking T. Overall 52nd.
    Yea, he's not great, but his experience alone makes him better than Hurst in my book.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, he's not great, but his experience alone makes him better than Hurst in my book.
    Serviceable is the word I use. He's better than Pasztor and that's really the only other serviceable guy on the market. And his serviceability is questionable.

Like McDonalds. yeah you'll get service, but it wont be very good. Howard is more like a nice A&W. Service with a smile, delivered right to your car in the parking lot.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

It all comes down to health. When Howard was healthy 3 years ago he was a good player. Since then he's been banged up a lot. He's been playing through many of those injuries and it's hurt him. I'm wondering if the Raiders pulled the plug because he just doesn't look to be in great shape

I just worry about jumping the gun too soon on him, and someone better being cut later (sort of how we passed on Pryor but then Maclin shook loose). But I don't know. The Ravens have much better intel.

Blog Entries

I"m sure they have info on him; suspect it's at least worth a look

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I"m sure they have info on him; suspect it's at least worth a look
    Absolutely worth a look. Put him through a workout and see if he's okay

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I just worry about jumping the gun too soon on him, and someone better being cut later (sort of how we passed on Pryor but then Maclin shook loose). But I don't know. The Ravens have much better intel.
    That's right - Ozzie will have some intel and helicopter vision on it. Another question is whether Urschel's retirement would lead Mangold to raise his price. And do we want to sign Howard, but not Mangold, and go with Jensen at Center. Without knowing more, I would be inclined to wait. Bring Howard in to look at though, if you want.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Mike Preston‏Verified account @MikePrestonSun

Ravens looking at former Oakland Raiders right offensive tackle Austin Howard. He is big, physical player.