Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are We Experiencing a Bad Omen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The problem is, he hasn't been able to do that in a decade....a decade
    LOL, you beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    If you sit back and try to be objective as you can. The Ravens really are one of the only Recent teams to draft a QB, basically name him/ pay him FRANCHISE money....and then literally do next to nothing to surround him with talent.....
    How many teams win the SB with a potent offense, then immediately turn around and without their hand being forced to do so, try to go back to being a defensive team? Backwards ass franchise. I love them but Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How long do you give Ozzie? What if the 4 draft picks sink this year? At some point he's got to run out of his built up credit doesn't he?

What would signal that he's lost it? My guess would be that scouting and player personnel get overhauled before pushing Ozzie out. There's a lot of other operations and processes that he's in charge of over there so i'm not sure failing drat picks is enough to get him pushed out. Also, do you push Eric out at the same same time? By most accounts, he is Ozzie 2.0 and they have invested a lot of time and money in him being Ozzie's successor. Without a complete overhaul, wouldn't it be more of the same with DeCosta?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    If you sit back and try to be objective as you can. The Ravens really are one of the only Recent teams to draft a QB, basically name him/ pay him FRANCHISE money....and then literally do next to nothing to surround him with talent.....

its almost as if we went soooo long without a franchise QB, that when we felt we had one, we figured all you need is a QB...because well, we didnt know what to do with one.
    Just because you don't like the offensive players they are signing doesn't mean you can push false narratives. They just drafted a left tackle at #6 a year ago and the year before that they drafted a receiver and a TE with back to back top picks. They signed Dennis Pitta, Justin Forsett, Rice, Marshall Yanda, Eugene Monroe, Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith, tried to sign KO to a huge contract, and Benjamin Watson. What part am I missing about them surrounding him with next to nothing talent?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    How many teams win the SB with a potent offense, then immediately turn around and without their hand being forced to do so, try to go back to being a defensive team? Backwards ass franchise. I love them but Christ.
    I think they truly believe that defense wins championships. In many ways that isn't inaccurate.

I see the biggest issue is they still try to build defenses that excel at stopping the run in a league that is primarily passing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    Just because you don't like the offensive players they are signing doesn't mean you can push false narratives. They just drafted a left tackle at #6 a year ago and the year before that they drafted a receiver and a TE with back to back top picks. They signed Dennis Pitta, Justin Forsett, Rice, Marshall Yanda, Eugene Monroe, Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith, tried to sign KO to a huge contract, and Benjamin Watson. What part am I missing about them surrounding him with next to nothing talent?
    You bring up a lot of good points, but surely you cannot debate the fact that much of their draft capital and free agency effort has been catered ttowards the D in the past 3 to 5 years.

Blog Entries

They got bodies in but outside of Stanley, Smith, and Yanda (who was here before Joe) that's not an overwhelming amount of talent. Forsett? Really? Forsett was a nobody and is now a nobody again who had a great year thanks to the most RB friendly system in NFL history. Maclin should be good and is a step in the right direction.

But as wicked said, the issue is comparative to defense. I don't have anything negative to say about them, but for what they spent on any one of Weddle, Jefferson, Williams (the most egregious as he's in no way, IMO, worth what they are paying him in today's league) they could have gotten a far better receiver, running back, or TE for Joe. You'll give gobvs of money to Jefferson and Williams but won't fork over 9.5M for a year of Jeffrey's services?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You bring up a lot of good points, but surely you cannot debate the fact that much of their draft capital and free agency effort has been catered ttowards the D in the past 3 to 5 years.

I am not debating that. What I am saying is that its laughable to say they have surrounded him with next to nothing since the Superbowl. And i do believe they have spent just as much capital on the offense as they do on the defense. Some of the signings on the offense havent worked out (Pitta and Monroe etc) but that doesn't mean they are not trying.

Blog Entries

I think they truly believe that defense wins championships. In many ways that isn't inaccurate.

I see the biggest issue is they still try to build defenses that excel at stopping the run in a league that is primarily passing.

I agree with that. A large amount of my criticism to their roster decisions is that it seems to be based on a decades old vision of what the NFL is. No problem with building your team as a defensive club. The problem is when you build it making a guy like Williams a key piece, a key piece who offer little to no value when you run up against the Patriots. Build it like the Seahawks or Broncos, I think the complaints IRT the offense not receiving support would be much lower.

Blog Entries

WOOO!! Can't wait to watch games where our quarterback throws for 500 yards and 7 touchdowns and we still win with a last second field goal by Justin Tucker because our defense is ass. That is the type of football I like watching!!! SMDH
    More like a team that is already battle tested on the road and talented on defense, just needing the right leadership on the headset. Payton would also have Ozzie Newsome here, whereas in New Orleans he's honestly doing everything. The question would be whether or not Payton would be willing to make it work. If he wouldn't be able to do that with Ozzie then he wouldn't be able to do it with anybody.

There's more to just looking at a situation and just assuming that all of the pieces and circumstances of that situation will just follow the big piece that moves. There's context.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Bisciotti has said many times that he provides input, but he lets the staff do their job.

He's not Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder.

I just ask, because I've also heard Bisciotti imply that he would rather win a low scoring game than a high scoring game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    More like a team that is already battle tested on the road and talented on defense, just needing the right leadership on the headset. Payton would also have Ozzie Newsome here, whereas in New Orleans he's honestly doing everything. The question would be whether or not Payton would be willing to make it work. If he wouldn't be able to do that with Ozzie then he wouldn't be able to do it with anybody.

There's more to just looking at a situation and just assuming that all of the pieces and circumstances of that situation will just follow the big piece that moves. There's context.
    "I have long wanted Payton here. You take a great offensive mind and put him on a team that is proven on the road, with a QB who will probably be on his hands and knees thanking him. A man that has kept Drew Brees clean for a decade......................................A decade. All he would have to do is hire a high quality Defensive Coordinator to work with and develop the young talent on that side of the ball."

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL hahahahahahahahahahaha