Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are We Experiencing a Bad Omen?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    They failed to put the pieces in place, both personnel and coaching, that would prolong Flacco's career into his late 30's. So, he's more than likely going to start to physically decline at 34/35 and be done by 35/36.
    These injuries to Joe are an omen--that he probably won't be our QB past 2021.
    So, yes, it seems the window for winning another SB with Joe is closing.
    Agreed. They should have gone out of their way to either build an incredible OL around him, or get him top-tiered skill players either at RB or at WR/TE. They've failed to do so.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think this team could do well this year if everything clicks, but I still see a lot of growing necessary on both sides of the ball. As good of a coach as John is, I dont have any faith that Dean Pees is going to get this defense to perform at an elite enough level to compensate for talent shortcomings on the offense.

I still see another 7-9/8-8/9-7 year.

I would expect if that happens, a change will be made.
    Agreed.

However, we do seem to have a lot of shit luck since 2012.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

The bigger question is, that if there is a coaching change at the top, will there be a Head Coach able to convince Steve Bisciotti that a change in philosophy is necessary? That is the only chance that they get more than 2-3 decent years out of Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bigger question is, that if there is a coaching change at the top, will there be a Head Coach able to convince Steve Bisciotti that a change in philosophy is necessary? That is the only chance that they get more than 2-3 decent years out of Flacco.
    I hear Peyton is on the hot seat in Nor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I hear Peyton is on the hot seat in Nor

I have long wanted Payton here. You take a great offensive mind and put him on a team that is proven on the road, with a QB who will probably be on his hands and knees thanking him. A man that has kept Drew Brees clean for a decade......................................A decade. All he would have to do is hire a high quality Defensive Coordinator to work with and develop the young talent on that side of the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I have long wanted Payton here. You take a great offensive mind and put him on a team that is proven on the road, with a QB who will probably be on his hands and knees thanking him. A man that has kept Drew Brees clean for a decade......................................A decade. All he would have to do is hire a high quality Defensive Coordinator to work with and develop the young talent on that side of the ball.
    The problem is, he hasn't been able to do that in a decade....a decade

Blog Entries

Sean Peyton...Oh what could be with him at the helm of a Ravens Offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The problem is, he hasn't been able to do that in a decade....a decade
    He never had near the defensive talent that he would walk into here. It's kind of the reason I wanted Rex to get the Atlanta gig instead of the Buffalo job. Leave the strong part of the team alone hire a competent coordinator and work with the lesser side

WOOO!! Can't wait to watch games where our quarterback throws for 500 yards and 7 touchdowns and we still win with a last second field goal by Justin Tucker because our defense is ass. That is the type of football I like watching!!! SMDH

6 players lost without even taking a step on the field for training camp: Orr, Waller, Dixon, Pitta, Young and Urschel. Then throw in your franchise QB having back issues from tossing a baby in the air.

Fortunes can change so, so quickly though. What if Flacco is out and we lose a bunch of games, but then get a great draft selection, including QB? What if we bring Kaep in and he returns to Harbaugh form? What if a year from now you see Maxx, Crockett, Tavon, and Dixon on the field and they ball out? What if Brady gets injured, or Ben retires? All of a sudden, we're one of the top teams in the conference. NFL is too unpredictable.

It seems bad because we've gone through a bad stretch. But to be objective, we're coming out of a dark tunnel. We were locked into a hellish cap situation that cost us Ricky Wagner and Juice and other free agent moves. But it gets clearer after that, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    6 players lost without even taking a step on the field for training camp: Orr, Waller, Dixon, Pitta, Young and Urschel. Then throw in your franchise QB having back issues from tossing a baby in the air.
    LMAO,
    I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this! Joe has a lot of kids man and they are all still small. He can say he was lifting weights, but I think he was in the living room playing with the rugrats and wrenched his back...I know I did many a time roughhousing with my sons when they were little.