Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Thread: Kap

Re: Kap

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Because it is not a good comparison. Kapernick did not make a poor decision that he atoned for and apologized. Stallworth and Rice both made horrific decisions and they paid the consequence as did Michael Vick. People deserve a second chance. Kapernick chose to use football as a platform to protest in a way that people find offensive. That is his choice and is not a mistake. Every fan has the right to boycott him or his team if they find him offensive. Frankly I find him offensive that he stereotypes everyone in our police departments and government as oppressive and goes on to sing the praises of Fidel Castro.

Without Flacco, this team goes nowhere this year. Why waste cap space on a QB this not very good and is going to cause a circus? So we can win 7 games instead of 4 or 5? No thanks. If he were capable of being a playoff QB, he would be on a roster.
    So we're OK with guys who beat their wives, are drug dealers, kill people while driving drunk, involved with murders etc. as long as they're really, really sorry about it? But if we sign Kaep, a guy whose only "crime" is being disrespectful, that's a line too far and the franchise should be boycotted?

For what it's worth, I absolutely agree with you that people make mistakes and deserve second chances. I just find it bizarre that some of our fans will boycott games over a guy who has some unpopular political views, but they're OK with a franchise that has supported players that have committed actual crimes, some of them particularly heinous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I understand that some people feel uncomfortable or offended by Kaepernick and while I disagree, it doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is the over the top vitriol and dog whistles directed at him by certain people who are uncomfortable with the fact that he forces them to consider whether they might have some bigoted tendencies. I feel like signing Kaepernick would be a positive thing for the city of Baltimore. Hes already donated $25,000 of his money to disadvantaged kids in East Baltimore. He could partner with guys like Ray Lewis and maybe start a chain reaction that would really help people. I dont see his message as much anti-police as it is pro-black, while also drawing attention to the indisputable fact that there are a certain percentage of cops that are racist.
    That statement there is very true

It's funny how this might work out. A month or so ago when there were articles about him not being in the league I was tempted to post a Kap thread on the politics forum at YBR. He is a young guy and a great athlete and I think it would be a shame if he never plays again. I think this entire protest thing sprung out of his hurt over having Alex Smith brought in and having to compete and possibly lose his starting job. That's my only fear with Kapernick. I think it was safer for him to be the SJW guy where he would have guaranteed attention and love from a certain constituency (no aspersion being cast there) than having to compete and possibly lose his job or to fail. I think he had bad advice and doubled down on a bad tactic/method to bring attention to his cause, which I think was worthy but was partly driven by the fit he was throwing over being replaced. On that score I think the guy could have done the same thing in a very positive and unifying way if he wanted to. Anyway, I felt he deserved a second chance and was going to say I would not mind him here as a backup as long as he kept it about team. I think this place would be good for him.

Blog Entries

Since the Ravens signed a different camp QB. I'm closing this thread down as we all know where it's headed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.