Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Urschel Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I don't begrudge anyone retiring from a profession that can literally take away your future, especially someone as intelligent as Urschel. I just wish he could have given them some notice and not retire on the first day of training camp. I realize that the new CTE survey came out this week but I think at this point all the players had enough data on the table before this latest survey to know that if you spend anytime in the NFL your chances of CTE will skyrocket.
    Its not like he was going to play a big role on the team anyway. He simply wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. I kind of always assumed that he'd retire. I was hoping he'd play out his rookie contract though.

I have to think that they're going to really start hunting for OL depth now. Orlando Franklin, Nick Mangold, maybe even Allen Barber.
    Franklin is apparently finalizing a deal with the Saints.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Franklin is apparently finalizing a deal with the Saints.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Bummer. Thought he'd be a good fit a RT.

And I have to correct myself - Eagles actually traded Barbre to the Broncos.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

According to Over The Cap, we will save $690,000 in cap space with his retirement. We need Brian to chime in to give us an update on the Ravens cap space as of today.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Urschel Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Just got the alert on my phone. Can't say I'm surprised nor do I blame him.

One things for sure, this has been an interesting last few days.
    Disagree. He's been a Raven for three years, and with the state of our Oline, pretty much had a place on the roster sewed up. We were counting on him contributing one way or another. If he had retired a month or two ago, then so be it, but to wait until the cusp of training camp starting puts the Ravens further behind the Oline 8 ball. Of course it's his decision, but I don't have to be happy about it and I'm not... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bummer. Thought he'd be a good fit a RT.

And I have to correct myself - Eagles actually traded Barbre to the Broncos.
    Damn on Franklin. He was the only one I could see us signing at RT. So I guess we are going with Hurst/Wesley/Nembot at RT.

Consider me on the Mangold bandwagon. With Flacco's back, we need to do everything possible for him to avoid getting hit.

I don't blame him, I don't wanna see a mentally sharp guy like him get fucked up with concussions and CTE or whatever it's called.

Disappointed because I had hoped he would make a leap at Center. I can't say I am surprised as the dude is a genius and has a bright future outside of football. Wish him the best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    According to Over The Cap, we will save $690,000 in cap space with his retirement. We need Brian to chime in to give us an update on the Ravens cap space as of today.
    Yes and no
    He has to be replaced on the 53 roster so there will be some if Matt Skura replaces him at $465,000 ... saving $225K in the final picture

If we sign a vet, we virtually only have that $225 additional to offer from Urschel's move because the roster spot must be filled with another's salary

It is not the Friday's cap space, it is the beginning of season day when everything counts ... IR (Dixon counts and Rainey his replacement also counts), Practice squad, .... that was where the $843K number remaining came from and Bobby Rainey ate $775K of that

We won't have any real space until we do some restructures or pricey cuts
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

If wants to retire fine but its a dick move to wait til the first day of training camp to do it

Why not do it months ago before free agency and the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Yes and no
    He has to be replaced on the 53 roster so there will be some if Matt Skura replaces him at $465,000 ... saving $225K in the final picture

If we sign a vet, we virtually only have that $225 additional to offer from Urschel's move because the roster spot must be filled with another's salary

It is not the Friday's cap space, it is the beginning of season day when everything counts ... IR (Dixon counts and Rainey his replacement also counts), Practice squad, .... that was where the $843K number remaining came from and Bobby Rainey ate $775K of that

We won't have any real space until we do some restructures or pricey cuts
    Thanks, Rxdoxx.

Blog Entries

I can't blame him but it's too bad he didn't come to this conclusion before the draft.