Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New Ravens Coaching Interns

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Gota just curious what makes you say most NFL players tend to be conservative Republicans? That would buck the demographics I think something like at best 10% of registered blacks are Republican. With a good portion coming from Urban areas that usually go 90-95% dem, In a league that's what 75% black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I read it in John Feinstein's book Next Man Up. He has a whole section on Jon Ogden who was more extreme than most about money but explains that he is closer to the mainstream of the NFL players than Adalius Thomas, who he also writes about. It's not social issues. It's tax issues. Money is a major focus of players and they become Republicans because of it. If you get the chance it's well worth reading. Feinstein goes through a whole season of Ravens football and has access that few media guys get.

Pete Boulware who has run for office in Florida as a Republican has also talked about it. He would say that most players enter the league not even thinking about politics. They get paid money that they never even thought was possible and don't like the idea of handing half to the government.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I read it in John Feinstein's book Next Man Up. He has a whole section on Jon Ogden who was more extreme than most about money but explains that he is closer to the mainstream of the NFL players than Adalius Thomas, who he also writes about. It's not social issues. It's tax issues. Money is a major focus of players and they become Republicans because of it. If you get the chance it's well worth reading. Feinstein goes through a whole season of Ravens football and has access that few media guys get.

Pete Boulware who has run for office in Florida as a Republican has also talked about it. He would say that most players enter the league not even thinking about politics. They get paid money that they never even thought was possible and don't like the idea of handing half to the government.
    Thanks if I see it I will give it a read

Blog Entries

I like AD being back with us, maybe he can inject some knowledge into pees as how we really play defense in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I like AD being back with us, maybe he can inject some knowledge into pees as how we really play defense in Baltimore.
    Truth

Blog Entries

I completely agree. One of my favorite players ever. He lined up at CB at 270! Teach that to some of the current guys

I completely agree. One of my favorite players ever. He lined up at CB at 270! Teach that to some of the current guys
    Across from Ocho Cinco, no less. It was brilliant. I think Ocho Cinco was laughing too hard to run a route.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

AD had unnatural speed for a guy his size and boy did Rex put him places to use that speed..oh the glory days of this defense.

Blog Entries

Many of Thomas' issues were with Ray as well.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Hollywood makes way more then NFL players are mostly white and still lean very hard left

Most of Hollywood's big professions (acting/writing/directing) are ones that require you to internalize the struggle of others to bring characters to life. They require an investment in empathy. By nature liberals see the country (and the world) as one large group of people who's only differences are born out of circumstance.
    Conservatives on the other hand are more likely to focus on personal responsibility and believe it is every person's own job to not hold back the group. This does not mean they are uncaring, but they are much more likely to engage in sympathy than empathy. Conservative actors (Clint Eastwood, Kelsey Grammar) tend to have more of their own persona in their characters throughout their careers.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Many of Thomas' issues were with Ray as well.
    hey you gotta beat the man to be the man.

Blog Entries

hey you gotta beat the man to be the man.
    Woooooooooo

Hey folks....I realize that the 'In season rules" went into effect today but keep the political stuff to the politics forum please.
    Plenty to discuss about AD and his return as an intern and his past here without having to stay on his political stance and views.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!