Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

John McCain's Senate Speech

Anyone else watch it? I know he isn't the most popular guy, but he's one tough SOB.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: John McCain's Senate Speech

I watched it, and thought it was a great speech. I don't always agree with McCain politically, but I have always admired him as a true patriot and American hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Considering he just came back from his government-funded cancer treatment to be the deciding vote to allow the debate to strip healthcare from millions of his fellow citizens to progress. Then he saved face by giving a hokey speech and said he couldn't vote for that bill as it existed today-before going on to apparently do just that within hours:

John McCain - Y

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Considering he just came back from his government-funded cancer treatment to be the deciding vote to allow the debate to strip healthcare from millions of his fellow citizens to progress. Then he saved face by giving a hokey speech and said he couldn't vote for that bill as it existed today-before going on to apparently do just that within hours:

John McCain - Y

Hard to respect McCain after that. Still wish him the best with his cancer treatment of course. Just wish he would allow others who are suffering the same ailment the chance to do the same. And I'm no big Obama care supporter, I just recognize the alternative is so, so much worse.

Blog Entries

John McCain - Y

Did you even listen to the speech?

He voted for debate. He clearly stated that he would not vote for the bill. He also condemned his GOP colleagues for producing something behind closed doors and then "springing" it on everyone. That's one of the big problems most have with the ACA - Dem's never allowed it to go through the normal legislation process. They basically did the exact same thing by having a bunch of the insurance company CEO's sit in a room with Dem politicians, create the ACA, and then wrongfully pass it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Hard to respect McCain after that. Still wish him the best with his cancer treatment of course. Just wish he would allow others who are suffering the same ailment the chance to do the same. And I'm no big Obama care supporter, I just recognize the alternative is so, so much worse.
    Trump's version (really, Paul Ryan's version) is not all that different than what currently exists. That's why Republicans won't ever approve it. It doesn't address any of the actual ACA problems and creates more problems down the road.

If they wanted to actually do something worthwhile, they should try to address some of the problem aspects of the ACA that currently exists. Rather than repeal and replace with crap...Come to bipartisan agreements for how to fix the current system.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 07-27-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

I believe that McCain was one of the Republicans who voted against the broad ACA Repeal and Replace bill yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

The reality is that there are no good solutions and until the government implodes and completely minimizes their budget....by billions...we're always going to be in a "kick the can down the road" state.

He voted for the bill as well

• Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

He voted for the bill as well

They haven't voted on the bill yet, just amendments. He voted yes on the first amendment with regards to full repeal and no on the partial repeal I believe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The reality is that there are no good solutions and until the government implodes and completely minimizes their budget....by billions...we're always going to be in a "kick the can down the road" state.
    What about single payer? When implemented correctly that seems to be the best option. I would support that in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What about single payer? When implemented correctly that seems to be the best option. I would support that in a heart beat
    Same honestly. Wouldn't be thrilled about the government running health care, but it's starting to seem like the best option in a parade of terrible options.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk