Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

@ProFootballDoc

Most meniscus tears are trimmed.
    This one was sewn, thus requires healing time, thus season.
    Similar to #AdrianPeterson last year.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/s...83742277591040

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I want Ray Rice....
    ...He's been black-balled.

At this point the amount of injuries associated with the Ravens is just comical. They need to make a chicken sacrifice to Jobu or something to lift this curse because this shit is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Who's out there that has ties to Roman? Some cheap guy that he trusts. Has to be a couple

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

This team is cursed with injuries...just fucking bench ALL the fucking starters for training camp/pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curse of Ray Rice. He was treated unfairly

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

This is America everybody deserves a second chance look at OJ for chrissakes give Ray Rice a second chance what the fuc

Way Down South in New Orleans

8. Re: Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

I wouldn't overpay for a vet. Roll with West and Woodhead, and maybe this opens the door for Smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    This is America everybody deserves a second chance look at OJ for chrissakes give Ray Rice a second chance what the fuc

Do you REALLY think Ray Rice would be a worthwhile addition after 2 years of inactivity that followed a year where is production fell off the table ????? SMH

This really fucking sucks.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Who's out there that has ties to Roman? Some cheap guy that he trusts. Has to be a couple
    Hyde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    1. I'm sure they are. Except he won't have a years experience behind him. Perhaps after THIS SEASON, he will have actually played 16 games. He basically missed half of last season, and will likely miss a good chunk of this one as well.

I'm not even suggesting he's not a talented player. He very may might be. But there's a lot of talented guys who's injuries or suspensions keep them from making it in this league, and if he's not a major contributor this season, you're looking at 50% of his rookie contract being shot.

2. West is also a FA going into 2018, so you have no idea if he will even return. If he has a great season, then you have to pay more than what you paid this year to keep him and give him so guaranteed money. If he doesn't, then we're putting our faith in Dixon as our primary runner. Kind of risky based on what I've seen so far.

3. I didn't say I expected both to happen, though I will say that using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a RB wouldn't have altered our decision to sign Jeremy Maclin. If we had signed somebody like Murray or Peterson, then yes, signing Maclin likely is off the table. But drafting another fresh set of legs early wouldn't have changed that.

But mostly, what signing Maclin indicates to me is that this team isn't expecting to run the ball 450 times like they did in 2014. If you were actually committed to running the ball in the current season, and wanted to guarantee that you did it, you probably invest in Rick Wagner instead of Brandon Williams, and you probably go buy yourself a Center instead of buying Jeremy Maclin.

I'm not even saying I would have done those things, because I probably wouldn't. But its a really, really, really tough sell (bordering on impossible sell) that you're now highly committed to the run game, when you let an All-Pro level RT walk, you cut your Center, and replace neither until training camp with anything other than guys who were already on the roster and haven't shown much. And then the only RB you sign is a pass catching RB and then go sign a possession receiver.

I mean at this point, they can say whatever they want. You can bring in Greg Roman and say "yeah we're going to run the ball a lot more", but from a personnel and scheme standpoint, I just don't see it. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

And I think they'll even try it. I think they'll come out in a lot of games and try to establish the run. And we will plodder along at somewhere around 3.5-4 YPC and tote it 10-15 times, and we'll figure out our offense isn't doing much with that, and we'll get away from it.

As for Taliaferro, he's barely played in 2 years, and I didn't think he was much better of a short yardage, power back than Forsett was when I watched them both play in 2014. If he makes the team, its as a blocker, and I'd take the under on about 50 touches for the season. Only way I see him getting north of that is as a FB role like Juice, or if there's more injuries at RB and he's the only left standing.
    West is the type of guy that would take a hometown discount to stay with the Ravens. He opted to sit on their practice squad over going to an actual roster for another team.

I'm not saying he'd sign for beans, but the Ravens could probably keep him on a very team friendly deal.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.