Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Trade for Carlos Hyde?

What are the salary cap implications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying I'd hate bringing in Hyde, but we need a RT so freaking bad. West and Woodhead can put in a shift until Dixon comes back...I don't hate that trio. I don't think this injury changes the dynamic all that much in terms of short term need, since Dixon was already out until October anyway. In terms of priority, o-line is still miles ahead of RB, for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    just wait until he's cut, won't cost much then. But I am all for Hyde it's just the injury thing though.
    I agree. Trade for him and you have to pay him on his existing contract. Get him on the FA market. Most running backs are cheap

It would take kicking the cap can down the road as we don't have cap space.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

stick with t west and woody and tali

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd take Hyde. 988 yards (4.6 AVG) adn 6 TD playing for a team with no passing game? YUP.

He's an injury concern, but fuck who isn't these days.
    Don't worry about injury. At night Mr. Hyde becomes Dr. Jeykell and can heal himself... Bc

I think based on this report of Dixon needing surgery you have to at least take a look here just incase.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    What are the salary cap implications?

It's ugly. As I understand it, Ozzie and Bisciotti will be scraping together the dimes and nickles to sign Mangold with multiple cuts and maybe a restructure. And backloading Mangold if necessary.

If you have an interior of Lewis-Mangold-Yanda and have a chance to get a quality rumbler like Hyde in his prime, you should look long and hard at it to see if you can do it.

If we could unload a vet in a trade for Hyde, it might soften the $$ hit. But the only area where we have quality young bodies to spare is DL, and I don't know that SF would be interested.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Well, we wouldn't necessarily have to trade a DL to SF, would we? Open up cap space with DLineman trade to anybody and/or cuts.

The sudden roster drop from 90 to 53 is going to have a lot of GMs scrambling. It's maybe better to get who you really want before that happens.

I have no idea if this can work.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    Not saying I'd hate bringing in Hyde, but we need a RT so freaking bad. West and Woodhead can put in a shift until Dixon comes back...I don't hate that trio. I don't think this injury changes the dynamic all that much in terms of short term need, since Dixon was already out until October anyway. In terms of priority, o-line is still miles ahead of RB, for me.
    Amen. Won't matter what RB's we have if we can block for them.

Blog Entries

I don't honestly see what the big deal is. He was going to be out till week 5 anyway he should be healed up by then. They knew this was coming the whole off season pretty much and yet they signed a pass catching back that should tell you all you need to know. They will run slightly more then last year but it won't be much. There's a reason they have 3 legit receivers well Two plus Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't honestly see what the big deal is. He was going to be out till week 5 anyway he should be healed up by then. They knew this was coming the whole off season pretty much and yet they signed a pass catching back that should tell you all you need to know. They will run slightly more then last year but it won't be much. There's a reason they have 3 legit receivers well Two plus Perriman

You have 1 NFL proven WR and two WR who have shown they can run a 9 route. Anything else is projection and hope for wallace and perriman