Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Campanaro to start camp on PUP

There's a difference between toughness and durability.

You can be a tough SOB but you simply can't play through certain injuries.

I don't think toughness is his problem. He has a frail body. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I'm totally done with this piece of glass.
    Signing of Whalen this weekend suggests the Ravens may agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    what i meant by his toughness is that he was willing to go over the middle and take hits.
    its clear he is made out of glass
    Fearlessness
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

My take

Campy is sounding too much like Cody

Look at Cody's bio from wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Cody

Cody was selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the second round (53rd overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft. His rookie season was ended on the first day of training camp with a knee injury.
    On November 19, 2006 Cody played in his first NFL game.
    Cody started the 2007 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list due to knee injuries and remained on the list the rest of the season.
    Cody was released by the Ravens on August 27, 2008 after defensive end Marques Douglas was acquired from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    and compare it with Campanaro https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Campanaro
    Campanaro was selected in the seventh round (218th overall) by the Baltimore Ravens in the 2014 NFL Draft... injuring his hamstring in Week 8 against the Cincinnati Bengals. He returned from injury in Week 17 against the Cleveland Browns, recording one catch for 17 yards, in a 20-10 win.
    On October 1, 2015, Campanaro provided the first score of the game for the Ravens with a 9-yard rushing touchdown on an end-around play against Pittsburgh. He was placed on injured reserve on October 3 due to a herniated disc.
    On September 3, 2016, Campanaro was placed on injured reserve. On September 12, 2016, he was released from injured reserve.
    Campanaro was signed to the Ravens' practice squad on November 7, 2016. He was promoted to the active roster on December 14, 2016.[8]
    On April 6, 2017, Campanaro signed a one-year contract with the Ravens.
    3 years and my gut it telling me he like Cody will be released in the final cutdown,
    Only difference is we may bring him back if the injury bug hits and he gets healthy and stays in shape ... but I really think the now toe is really going to close the door on him for the team ... and he will be released with out injury settlement if he gets healthy ... if we bring him back at all in season, it is going to be a minimum prove yourself contract (hopefully with an option so that if he lights it up and gets a payday we get a comp because of the option)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    watching the guy when he is healthy he has quickness, toughness, very good hands.
    he runs good routes and is very versatile and can line up almost anywhere.
    the only guy better is maclin.
    This is absolutely insane
    Deion Sanders probably clocked in more time at WR than Campanaro has

Seriously, who actually thought this wasn't going to happen?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Me for one

Not turf toe
    Expected a quad or a hammy ... that wouldn't have surprised me and, yeah was kind of expecting to hear it happening....

turf toe comes out of left field, totally unexpected - at least I'm assuming turf toe since it is muscular based and Campy's problems have all seemed to be muscular based
    There are some people who just don't have a football body and really looking like Campanaro has one that can't stay injury free ... I've written him off

Blog Entries

Again.. a the Sword blathers on about trust him, but the Captain here called this the minute homeboy was cleared from his last hangnail. I'll just leave my creation one more time since it is likely the last time it will be relevant in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    everyone knew it was going to happen

Blog Entries

Campanaro to start camp on PUP

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    everyone knew it was going to happen
    It's why a lot of people were complaining when they even gave him an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    It's why a lot of people were complaining when they even gave him an offer.
    We low tendered him
    then re-negotiated the tender down 750K for the price of a 250K signing bonus, with a roster bonus of 250K, salary of 700K and incentives of 800K which he took.

Do we think 250K is a lot of money?
    Well yes and no
    It was a small price to get him off the 1.725 million tender ... so that was money well spent.
    It is also significant enough that he is cut-able to save it as a roster bonus .... the incentives with Campy's history are not likely to be earned.
    Turf toe takes what to heal? 6 weeks? looks to me like he will be healthy enough to cut right at roster cutdown.

We are out 250K and end up with a "healthy" Campanaro sitting at home (staying in shape?) to be called if we get hit with WR injuries, when he can be signed at a minimum per game salary. I really can't see him being IR'd ... I can see him getting healthy then cut on Sept 2nd.

the dollars involved are low for the potential return, but doesn't look like there will be any return on investment C'est la vie

I'm only going to be upset is he knocks a WR named Tim off the roster

The irony is a camp body isn't a camp body because it is a Camp body

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    We low tendered him
    then re-negotiated the tender down 750K for the price of a 250K signing bonus, with a roster bonus of 250K, salary of 700K and incentives of 800K which he took.

Do we think 250K is a lot of money?
    Well yes and no
    It was a small price to get him off the 1.725 million tender ... so that was money well spent.
    It is also significant enough that he is cut-able to save it as a roster bonus .... the incentives with Campy's history are not likely to be earned.
    Turf toe takes what to heal? 6 weeks? looks to me like he will be healthy enough to cut right at roster cutdown.

We are out 250K and end up with a "healthy" Campanaro sitting at home (staying in shape?) to be called if we get hit with WR injuries, when he can be signed at a minimum per game salary. I really can't see him being IR'd ... I can see him getting healthy then cut on Sept 2nd.

the dollars involved are low for the potential return, but doesn't look like there will be any return on investment C'est la vie

I'm only going to be upset is he knocks a WR named Tim off the roster

The irony is a camp body isn't a camp body because it is a Camp body
    I think you've meted out the situation very well. Because of Campy's "potential" it was prudent to give him a "small" bonus and an incentive laden contract. If he returns to full health and plays well, I'll be pleased, but if he's IRed or cut, I won't be surprised... Bc