Page 2 of 274 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 Training Camp / Preseason

The line is going to be:

Stanley - Lewis - Jensen - Yanda - Free Agent signing

Hurst and Urschel can swing and switch around positions, so I imagine they're going to stay on as the primary back ups. I'm not sure why some people are pegging in Siragusa to start -- seems very premature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    The line is going to be:

Stanley - Lewis - Jensen - Yanda - Free Agent signing

Hurst and Urschel can swing and switch around positions, so I imagine they're going to stay on as the primary back ups. I'm not sure why some people are pegging in Siragusa to start -- seems very premature.
    I agree at this stage, this is the most likely scenario.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

As much as I expect him to struggle in pass protection, I would be absolutely floored if Jensen ended up worse at Center than Gradkowski and Zuttah. That would be like combining Matt Cavanaugh and Cam Cameron. Quite frankly, the Sword might shatter if faced with such powerful Dark Magic.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We signed WR Griff Whalen & undrafted rookie CB Reggie Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm thinking our OL looks something (without FA adds) like: Stanley-Siragusa-Jensen-Yanda-Lewis
    I have great respect for you, and enjoy your take on everything Ravens. Always appreciate your posts.

But this one thing is an example of something I've been getting peevish about these past couple months. This team has shown absolutely zero indication of moving Lewis from LG. Not a thing. What Harbaugh has said is "We like Lewis at guard." From what I can tell they gave Lewis no reps at all at tackle thru OTA's. We heard some noise LAST YEAR from the team that maybe Lewis could kick out to RT. But since the season ended, there's been not a peep from the team to that effect. Everything looks and sounds like they plan to keep Lewis at guard. Reading between the lines, it seems like they think Lewis is the next great AFC guard, and they want to let it happen.

The most likely configuration for 4/5 of our OL is exactly what we saw thru OTAs:
    Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-RT

That's three strong, mean guys in the middle. Seems to fit what the team is looking for this year.

And at RT, Hurst is the most likely guy. I've been holding out hope for the awesome power of the Nembot, partly because I love his story. But Hurst has gotten all the praise you could want from the HC and the OC and the OL coach. They've all said he's gotten BIGGER and stronger, which is important. Maybe Harbs knew what he was doing when he promoted the strength & conditioning guy. Means we could see a different player than we've seen before; and of course the move to RT would likely help him too.

A lot of fans on this board have been fantasizing about players riding to the Ravens rescue at LG, C, RT. Our cap space is not promising for that. Likely the answers have been right in front of our faces.
    • The team has loved Jensen since day one, keeping him on the active roster as a rookie.
    • Their actions have spoken clearly with Alex Lewis.
    • And we're hearing all the right things about James Hurst.

The starting five will likely be:
    Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-Hurst
    That's what the team showed in OTA's, that's what makes the most sense from a cap perspective, that's the most experienced group, and that's the group the OL coach has praised. They seem to be working well together. It shouldn't be so hard for us to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    As much as I expect him to struggle in pass protection, I would be absolutely floored if Jensen ended up worse at Center than Gradkowski and Zuttah. That would be like combining Matt Cavanaugh and Cam Cameron. Quite frankly, the Sword might shatter if faced with such powerful Dark Magic.
    The only way he could be that bad is if he just moved aside and let DTs have a free path to Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Is there proof that Zuttah and Ducasse were Castillo guys?
    Um, the fact that they got playing time last year?

Blog Entries

Campanaro to start camp on PUP list you just can't make this shit up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I have great respect for you, and enjoy your take on everything Ravens. Always appreciate your posts.

But this one thing is an example of something I've been getting peevish about these past couple months. This team has shown absolutely zero indication of moving Lewis from LG. Not a thing. What Harbaugh has said is "We like Lewis at guard." From what I can tell they gave Lewis no reps at all at tackle thru OTA's. We heard some noise LAST YEAR from the team that maybe Lewis could kick out to RT. But since the season ended, there's been not a peep from the team to that effect. Everything looks and sounds like they plan to keep Lewis at guard. Reading between the lines, it seems like they think Lewis is the next great AFC guard, and they want to let it happen.

The most likely configuration for 4/5 of our OL is exactly what we saw thru OTAs:
    Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-RT

That's three strong, mean guys in the middle. Seems to fit what the team is looking for this year.

And at RT, Hurst is the most likely guy. I've been holding out hope for the awesome power of the Nembot, partly because I love his story. But Hurst has gotten all the praise you could want from the HC and the OC and the OL coach. They've all said he's gotten BIGGER and stronger, which is important. Maybe Harbs knew what he was doing when he promoted the strength & conditioning guy. Means we could see a different player than we've seen before; and of course the move to RT would likely help him too.

A lot of fans on this board have been fantasizing about players riding to the Ravens rescue at LG, C, RT. Our cap space is not promising for that. Likely the answers have been right in front of our faces.
    • The team has loved Jensen since day one, keeping him on the active roster as a rookie.
    • Their actions have spoken clearly with Alex Lewis.
    • And we're hearing all the right things about James Hurst.

The starting five will likely be:
    Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-Hurst
    That's what the team showed in OTA's, that's what makes the most sense from a cap perspective, that's the most experienced group, and that's the group the OL coach has praised. They seem to be working well together. It shouldn't be so hard for us to believe in.
    You make a good narrative and I am coming around to believe that the FO projects Hurst as the RT. Gulp. However, I don't see a sign that Jensen is going to be the center in 2017. Ozzie and Mangold made an agreement in April because Ozzie wants to push for the top this year. Bisciotti doesn't want us to fret too much at the lack of news, which is why he commented recently (after Maclin was signed) on spending once more (silver bullet?) for the Oline.

I see the Oline today as: Stanley-Lewis-Mangold-Yanda-Hurst.

This could be a very strong line. The biggest worries with it for me are 1. Yanda's health and 2. Is Hurst improving up from terrible to decent, with the added strength, experience and move to a less demanding position?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    We signed WR Griff Whalen & undrafted rookie CB Reggie Porter.
    https://www.utahutes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=742
    UTAH: Made 22 starts at cornerback in three seasons (missed 2014 with an injury) … 16 career pass breakups.
    2016–Played in 13 games with 11 starts … 43 tackles (2.0 TFL), two interceptions and four pass breakups … team-high seven tackles and an interception against BYU … five tackles and an interception against San Jose State … five tackles against Washington … five tackles and a pass breakup vs. Colorado … four tackles and a pass breakup vs. UCLA … four tackles against Arizona State included a tackle for loss.
    2015–Played in 12 games with nine starts … missed the Arizona game with an injury … led Utah and tied for second in the Pac-12 with 11 pass breakups … 38 tackles … four pass breakups against both Oregon State and BYU tied the school single-game record and was the most by a Ute in a game in eight years … season-high seven tackles vs. Michigan … six tackles vs. California … two pass breakups vs. Arizona State.
    2014–Season-ending injury the first week of fall camp.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Ozzie and Mangold made an agreement in April because Ozzie wants to push for the top this year. Bisciotti doesn't want us to fret too much at the lack of news, which is why he commented recently (after Maclin was signed) on spending once more (silver bullet?) for the Oline.
    Ok, yeah that's plausible.

I think Biscuit said he had one more bullet in his "gun", in terms of salary cap ammo. Not a "silver" bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Campanaro to start camp on PUP list you just can't make this shit up

We're just keeping him fresh for the second half of the Super Bowl when he will return a punt for a touchdown to give us the lead over the Falcons before Matt Ryan throws a pick six to Marlon Humphrey to "ice" it.