Page 1 of 274 123 ... LastLast

2017 Training Camp / Preseason

Just thought we could have a thread for TC updates and preseason dsicussion. Right now there's no where ot put some of the stuff.

I also did an article on offensive position battles (mostly the OL) http://russellstreetreport.com/2017/...eview-offense/

I'm thinking our OL looks something (without FA adds) like: Stanley-Siragusa-Jensen-Yanda-Lewis
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Training Camp / Preseason

Cole good piece on street talk btw pretty much sums up the situation going into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Cole good piece on street talk btw pretty much sums up the situation going into camp.
    I was going to put in the article: Nick Boyle (shout out to my boy smoove). Lol.

Part 2 for D is coming out this weekend.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 07-21-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Just thought we could have a thread for TC updates and preseason dsicussion. Right now there's no where ot put some of the stuff.

I also did an article on offensive position battles (mostly the OL) http://russellstreetreport.com/2017/...eview-offense/

I'm thinking our OL looks something (without FA adds) like: Stanley-Siragusa-Jensen-Yanda-Lewis
    Adding a comment here because I have farcebook neutered on my computer
    Learned something today
    Was going to nit-pick you on this comment
    Nick Boyle: Boyle spent 10 games on the bench last year, as he was suspended for PED use.
    That Boyle wasn't really on the bench, but in doing some checking into facts, I learned that he wasn't banned from team facilities AFAIK ... this tweet by Albert Breer was something I didn't know, so I can accept your saying "on the bench" easier because of being allowed in the vicinity instead of totally banished like non-PED use.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
    Substance-abuse suspensions allow for players to be at team facilities -- which is an effort to help guys get well. https://twitter.com/BostonCrusader/s...41483264651264
    2:27 PM - 25 Jul 2016
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I think Center should be a bigger priority for our front office then right tackle. I think Lewis has what it takes to be a solid RT, he has about as much upside as Wagner did coming out of college. Its also easier to mask a crappy right tackle then a crappy center IMO. I am uncomfortable with Jensen being the starter as he couldn't even beat out Zuttah last year. Maybe he takes a step forward but the last thing anyone wants is another Gino situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I think Center should be a bigger priority for our front office then right tackle. I think Lewis has what it takes to be a solid RT, he has about as much upside as Wagner did coming out of college. Its also easier to mask a crappy right tackle then a crappy center IMO. I am uncomfortable with Jensen being the starter as he couldn't even beat out Zuttah last year. Maybe he takes a step forward but the last thing anyone wants is another Gino situation.
    100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You add Mangold into that lineup and I think we're in pretty good shape. For the purposes of predictions pre-camp I can't assume singings though.

BUT I completely agree.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Adding a comment here because I have farcebook neutered on my computer
    Learned something today
    Was going to nit-pick you on this comment
    That Boyle wasn't really on the bench, but in doing some checking into facts, I learned that he wasn't banned from team facilities AFAIK ... this tweet by Albert Breer was something I didn't know, so I can accept your saying "on the bench" easier because of being allowed in the vicinity instead of totally banished like non-PED use.
    Good catch. If you had asked me this morning if they were on the bench or not I wouldn't have had a clue lol.

Noted for the fturue though.
    - Ray Lewis

[QUOTE=Ravens Fan;1268821.... I am uncomfortable with Jensen being the starter as he couldn't even beat out Zuttah last year. Maybe he takes a step forward but the last thing anyone wants is another Gino situation.[/QUOTE]

Jensen is NOT a Gino situation. Zuttah and Ducasse were "favored" by Castillo. You see how that worked out, right? Zuttah getting his butt kicked back into the pocket. Both are gone for good reason. As is Castillo...... So why keep Jensen if both of them were better than him? Why didn't they cut Jensen? Simple: Cost and potential. I have no issue with seeing Jensen start. If Jensen was equal to or worse than Gino........again, why is he still here? Shipley's departure was due in part by the team wanting to hang on to Jensen. Shipley looks to still have the starting C job in AZ. That tells me what I need to know. Jensen was kept in the wings and groomed for what is about to happen. They wandered him around in a lot of different spots. They've got him pegged now for what they wanted him for when he was drafted; the future Center of this team (if the Ravens will pony up, if he has a good year) He's 26 and has at least 5 years of ball left.

Besides Jensen, I think Siragusa will be developed for the next two years and look to shoe in at RG when Yanda's days are over with us. Nembot will supplant Hurst next year, or this year.......depending on health and performance. London (Loomy) may take longer. Alex Lewis has the potential and pedigree to be a pro bowl LG. Stanley may prove to be just that this year.

My worry for this group is who can step in for either Tackle should we need it? I'd worry less about Jensen and more if Urschel or Skura start and worry more about are RT situation at this point.

Just my take on things!

I seriously doubt Mangold shows up on this roster. There is all this flailing about for him......he's not the future. He is Man-Silver now. The juice he wants isn't worth the squeeze, IMHO.
    Last edited by Cawtious; 07-21-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Blog Entries

Jensen is not the only option at center. Let them compete and keep an eye on the cuts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    Jensen is NOT a Gino situation. Zuttah and Ducasse were "favored" by Castillo. You see how that worked out, right? Zuttah getting his butt kicked back into the pocket. Both are gone for good reason. As is Castillo...... So why keep Jensen if both of them were better than him? Why didn't they cut Jensen? Simple: Cost and potential. I have no issue with seeing Jensen start. If Jensen was equal to or worse than Gino........again, why is he still here? Shipley's departure was due in part by the team wanting to hang on to Jensen. Shipley looks to still have the starting C job in AZ. That tells me what I need to know. Jensen was kept in the wings and groomed for what is about to happen. They wandered him around in a lot of different spots. They've got him pegged now for what they wanted him for when he was drafted; the future Center of this team (if the Ravens will pony up, if he has a good year) He's 26 and has at least 5 years of ball left.

Besides Jensen, I think Siragusa will be developed for the next two years and look to shoe in at RG when Yanda's days are over with us. Nembot will supplant Hurst next year, or this year.......depending on health and performance. London (Loomy) may take longer. Alex Lewis has the potential and pedigree to be a pro bowl LG. Stanley may prove to be just that this year.

My worry for this group is who can step in for either Tackle should we need it? I'd worry less about Jensen and more if Urschel or Skura start and worry more about are RT situation at this point.

Just my take on things!

I seriously doubt Mangold shows up on this roster. There is all this flailing about for him......he's not the future. He is Man-Silver now. The juice he wants isn't worth the squeeze, IMHO.
    Is there proof that Zuttah and Ducasse were Castillo guys?