1. Suggestions of Books for History Course -- Please Help!

Hey fellow Ravens brethren, I have to do a book report for my American history course. I need to find my own book that is about the time period of America's founding up to and including the Civil War. I would love any and all suggestions you have! If you know of any book that is not too long, like 100-200 pages, non-fiction, about that period, I would be eternally grateful!
    Have to find one within the week to get it done in the next couple weeks. Help a fellow Ravens out haha, Thanks!

Re: Suggestions of Books for History Course -- Please Help!

Of Plymouth Plantation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Of Plymouth Plantation
    That's a really good book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It's more towards the Revolutionary War, but "Washington's Spies" is a good read and was one of the first examples of how intelligence can be used for militaristic purposes. Modern intelligence collection practices, especially HUMINT, can be traced back to George Washington. They also used a lot of different cipher techniques for encoding messages, some in plain sight. They were pretty smart.

I work in this field, so it is probably more relevant to me, but it's also not something you get taught in school. So, I found it to be quite interesting.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What about "Rendezvous with Destiny: A History of Modern American Reform"? I loved reading that book years ago. It might not fit your time restriction though, as I think goes on after the Civil War.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I just picked up a book at the Library on the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I know only slightly more about American History than Pees knows about aggressive defense.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock