Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best Raven's Skill Player to Ever Suit Up

did not have to be drafted by the ravens but had to suit up for at least one non-preseason game.
    Excluded QBs and OL

ray rice?
    heap?
    jamal?
    dallas clark?
    Boldin?

Re: Best Raven's Skill Player to Ever Suit Up

I'm actually going to go with Steve Smith for this one, but I can understand the argument for Anquan Boldin.

Smith - 16 yrs, 1031 catches, 14731 yards, 14.3 ypc, 67.3 ypg, 81 TD, 2x All Pro
    Boldin - 14 yrs, 1076 catches, 13779 yards, 12.8 ypc, 68.2 ypg, 82 TD, 0x All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm actually going to go with Steve Smith for this one, but I can understand the argument for Anquan Boldin.

Smith - 16 yrs, 1031 catches, 14731 yards, 14.3 ypc, 67.3 ypg, 81 TD, 2x All Pro
    Boldin - 14 yrs, 1076 catches, 13779 yards, 12.8 ypc, 68.2 ypg, 82 TD, 0x All Pro
    lol how did i forget ssr

Honestly im going to say Ray Rice. The way he could turn little dump offs to 30 yards, or his elusiveness, how hard he was to bring down, his ability to catch like a slot WR. There was that 4 year stretch where he was a top 5 RB, If he could of got more carries in his rookie year im sure he would of put of respectable numbers

I'll go with Priest Holmes. He was the AFC's version of Marshall Faulk. If he would've had a healthier career, he would be in the HOF right now.

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy1213 View Post
    I'll go with Priest Holmes. He was the AFC's version of Marshall Faulk. If he would've had a healthier career, he would be in the HOF right now.
    No doubt he was awesome, but I just don't get putting guys on this list that didn't perform in the conversation that we are talking about while wearing our uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    No doubt he was awesome, but I just don't get putting guys on this list that didn't perform in the conversation that we are talking about while wearing our uniform.
    I don't either but the OP listed Dallas Clark so I just went with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I don't either but the OP listed Dallas Clark so I just went with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Which also makes zero sense considering he put up a whopping 350 yards here, but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    i didnt say his performance as a ravens - best offensive player to ever play for us

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i didnt say his performance as a ravens - best offensive player to ever play for us
    In that case its either Sharpe or SSSr. I dont think anyone else can come close

Holmes wasnt special here compared to what he did in KC.

I'd go with Rice. He was a special player for multiple years.

I think people pushing Boldin are overvaluing him based on sentimental feelings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Holmes wasnt special here compared to what he did in KC.

I'd go with Rice. He was a special player for multiple years.

I think people pushing Boldin are overvaluing him based on sentimental feelings.
    I don't think Boldin compares either as a "Raven guy", where Rice and Lewis would both rank higher, or "literal guy" where Sr. and Sharpe would both be higher.