Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Anyone see the reports of the Aussie women shot by law enforcement in Minnesota?

While the cruiser was in a pitch black alley, apparently she hit/slapped the trunk, and then she got shot and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Anyone see the reports of the Aussie women shot by law enforcement in Minnesota?

While the cruiser was in a pitch black alley, apparently she hit/slapped the trunk, and then she got shot and killed.
    My wife was telling me about that. Supposedly she was the one that called the police in the first place too?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    My wife was telling me about that. Supposedly she was the one that called the police in the first place too?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    She called to report what she thought was a sexual assault, hearing a female screaming and she couldn't tell if it was screams of pleasure or not (seriously). She gave the address and after about 10 minutes called back to see where the police were. Police showed up without their lights on but windows down to listen for sounds, officers reported a loud noise that startled them, then the Aussie woman appeared next to the drivers side door out of nowhere, the cop riding passenger shot her.

Blog Entries

Good Officers do need to do more to speak up against bad officers, but my overall point is that it still leaves a void in necessary staffing if those bad officers aren't replaced. Not only do they need to be replaced, but with better prospects. However, with this stigma that seems to be cast over Law Enforcement now, better prospects aren't stepping up to take the jobs.

My entire point was that, at some point, we have to move past our feelings. I don't need the media to only plaster cases of white officers shooting blacks, to know that minorities historically and generally get worse treatment from Law Enforcement. The two things can be true. It can still be an issue, but also be race baiting by the media. However, once we get past our emotions, the question becomes how we are going to police the country for safety. Once you get those bad apples out, someone has to replace them. The vast majority of people who go out protesting, aren't going to put the uniform on. That is where I take issue with 'opinion'. Ranting on a little message board is one thing. Placing this stigma on Law Enforcement, because you watch too much television, to the point of holding rallies and stopping traffic as if it means that much to you, when all you're going to do is go back home and watch your favorite show or play your favorite game, is where I take issue, because none of that solves the actual problem. Just as much as Officers need to learn better social skills when dealing with adverse environments (i.e., someone born and raise in Southern Maryland patrolling Greenmount), the people need to really understand what all goes with the jobs they ridicule.

Football is different, because it's entertainment. It's not a need. Without Law Enforcement, there would be anarchy and people are getting too caught up in their feelings to see the big pictures.

Furthermore, the big wigs pulling the strings behind the media are baiting it all on. They care about ratings. They don't even care about black and white. They want war. There are those who go to war and those who profit off of it. The people are feeding right into it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Good Officers do need to do more to speak up against bad officers, but my overall point is that it still leaves a void in necessary staffing if those bad officers aren't replaced. Not only do they need to be replaced, but with better prospects. However, with this stigma that seems to be cast over Law Enforcement now, better prospects aren't stepping up to take the jobs.

My entire point was that, at some point, we have to move past our feelings. I don't need the media to only plaster cases of white officers shooting blacks, to know that minorities historically and generally get worse treatment from Law Enforcement. The two things can be true. It can still be an issue, but also be race baiting by the media. However, once we get past our emotions, the question becomes how we are going to police the country for safety. Once you get those bad apples out, someone has to replace them. The vast majority of people who go out protesting, aren't going to put the uniform on. That is where I take issue with 'opinion'. Ranting on a little message board is one thing. Placing this stigma on Law Enforcement, because you watch too much television, to the point of holding rallies and stopping traffic as if it means that much to you, when all you're going to do is go back home and watch your favorite show or play your favorite game, is where I take issue, because none of that solves the actual problem. Just as much as Officers need to learn better social skills when dealing with adverse environments (i.e., someone born and raise in Southern Maryland patrolling Greenmount), the people need to really understand what all goes with the jobs they ridicule.

Football is different, because it's entertainment. It's not a need. Without Law Enforcement, there would be anarchy and people are getting too caught up in their feelings to see the big pictures.

Furthermore, the big wigs pulling the strings behind the media are baiting it all on. They care about ratings. They don't even care about black and white. They want war. There are those who go to war and those who profit off of it. The people are feeding right into it.
    Real good post.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Good post. Only thing i will add is that this also starts with each other: policing our own communities. Police officers are based off of reaction, rather than prevention. Yes, i know police presence offers a form of prevention, but we as a community need to take responsibility for what goes on around us. Disclaimer: Not saying we should turn into superheros

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Good post. Only thing i will add is that this also starts with each other: policing our own communities. Police officers are based off of reaction, rather than prevention. Yes, i know police presence offers a form of prevention, but we as a community need to take responsibility for what goes on around us. Disclaimer: Not saying we should turn into superheros
    It would at least start with cooperation. When entire neighborhoods refuse to cooperate with police and give them valuable information to reel in the bad guys, the job becomes very difficult. Now, I honestly understand why they do in many cases, because witness intimidation (Not to be confused with snitching, because they are two different things believe it or not) is very real. However, at some point, we have to realize that evil feeds off of fear. The people cannot expect the Law to Superhero out here if they are consumed by their own fear.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think you might be seriously over estimating the amount of people that have a true disdain for law enforcement. It might seem that way because of how vocal they are online but I know more people who fear cops then people that hate them. The number of people who are ambivalent dwarfs any other attitude combined. I think the best way to improve the police is to incentivize more military vets to become police officers. Guys and girls who know how to act when the shit hits the fan, who won't be trigger happy pussies. Although he can be a bit of a tin foil hat guy at times, Michael A Wood Jr on twitter is a great follow if you are interested in an ex cops views on police reform.

It would at least start with cooperation. When entire neighborhoods refuse to cooperate with police and give them valuable information to reel in the bad guys, the job becomes very difficult. Now, I honestly understand why they do in many cases, because witness intimidation (Not to be confused with snitching, because they are two different things believe it or not) is very real. However, at some point, we have to realize that evil feeds off of fear. The people cannot expect the Law to Superhero out here if they are consumed by their own fear.
    completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I think you might be seriously over estimating the amount of people that have a true disdain for law enforcement. It might seem that way because of how vocal they are online but I know more people who fear cops then people that hate them. The number of people who are ambivalent dwarfs any other attitude combined. I think the best way to improve the police is to incentivize more military vets to become police officers. Guys and girls who know how to act when the shit hits the fan, who won't be trigger happy pussies. Although he can be a bit of a tin foil hat guy at times, Michael A Wood Jr on twitter is a great follow if you are interested in an ex cops views on police reform.
    I was thinking about going into LE, but financially it just wasn't worth it to me. I'm pretty sure I could still go to most police departments and get hired on, even with out a BA degree, but considering the hours, the dangers of the job, etc...What I do now is far more logical. But I will be honest, it hasn't completely escaped my mind. One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people who think about becoming a LEO, aren't willing to start at the bottom of the totem pole and do the "small jobs." Some people have watched too many shows where they thing they can just walk in and be a homicide detective, narco, swat, etc....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Do people not hate what they fear? Hell, people who hate bugs kill spiders, not even realizing that the spiders eat the bugs and do them a favor.

Blog Entries

I agree, but it goes both ways. The local police departments need to extend goodwill towards the communities they police. When I was little ( a looong time ago, lol) we had an Officer Friendly program. Police officers would routinely appear several times per year in elementary and junior high schools in an attempt to get rid of the stigma and improve relations between the community and the police force. I think if the started that back up it would go along way towards humanizing both officer and resident.