Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    See above.

Side-note: I really appreciate everyone taking part in this discussion as this is such a touchy subject in today's society. But the first solution to any problem is acknowledging there is one. A lot of us will disagree but that's what makes these conversations so important. It's just sad that in today's society when a cop kills someone, the first questions are about race, not even the actions causing the situation.
    I mostly said that just because I don't have the statistics. I also know that some of the statistics that are used come out are surveys, which aren't always reliable.

Basically, I don't think there's any objective way to say race plays a role in general. It would be subjective and vary by police force. Again, 5% rule.

But I have no doubt there are some out there.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    And then when you consider that the overwhelming majority of black people who are in jail are there for non violent drug offenses, it paints a very telling picture.

The US Dept. of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics reported that at yearend 2014, 1,316,409 people were serving sentences in state prisons in the US, of whom 206,300 (15.7%) had as their most serious offence a drug charge: 46,000 for drug possession (3.5% of all state prison inmates), and 160,300 for "other" drug offences, including manufacturing and sale (12.2% of all state prison inmates).

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/chapter/drug_prison