Re: Remaining Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd take him over T-west.
    West will be 26 this season.

D-Will will be 34.

Other than that, yeah.

Blog Entries

Orlando Franklin or Nick Mangold are the only guys the Ravens should be looking at now.

Franklin was a solid RT for the Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    a little more on D Williams. He will sign somewhere, either around camp or after that dreaded injury bug hits.

http://nfltraderumors.co/deangelo-wi...rowns-jaguars/
    2 years ago Williams was great. He was a huge addition for the Steelers. They really needed him last year with Bell suspended and it just wasn't the same. Age caught up. I'd love DeAngelo Williams to be the answer with our own suspension but I don't see him able to to do it anymore. That's why the Steelers don't seem to be interested.

Blog Entries

They sign Kap, I'd sell my tickets and root for someone else until he is off the team. Fuck that asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    2 years ago Williams was great. He was a huge addition for the Steelers. They really needed him last year with Bell suspended and it just wasn't the same. Age caught up. I'd love DeAngelo Williams to be the answer with our own suspension but I don't see him able to to do it anymore. That's why the Steelers don't seem to be interested.
    I think if you just ask him to come in and give you 4 games, he could do that. He hasn't had over 200 carries since 09, while his age is up there, I think he would be able to provide us good production in those 4 games Dixon is gone. Just being devil's advocate

AMERN Captain Silver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I think if you just ask him to come in and give you 4 games, he could do that. He hasn't had over 200 carries since 09, while his age is up there, I think he would be able to provide us good production in those 4 games Dixon is gone. Just being devil's advocate
    The problem is that Williams is a vested veteran. If he in on the roster week 1 his salary is guaranteed for the year. That's the mess we got into with Forsett last year. Last year for the Steelers Williams had a great game 1. That 1 game was a third of his carries, almost half his yards and 2 of his 3 TDS for the entire season. The rest of the season he did nothing. Williams was even a healthy scratch through much of it. At his age even the veteran minimum isn't cheap. I just don't see the upside vs. the cost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Orlando Franklin or Nick Mangold are the only guys the Ravens should be looking at now.

Franklin was a solid RT for the Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Franklin was pretty darn good with them. I get all the denver games here so after Ravens play at 11am this way the broncos come on at 2pm. Franklin was a road grader in the run game, his pass protection wasn't like Wagner's but he was pretty solid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    They sign Kap, I'd sell my tickets and root for someone else until he is off the team. Fuck that asshole.
    I probably should just leave this alone because of the simple fact that people gonna be people and you can't or won't change their mind but why? All he did was raised awareness to a long stemming civil rights situation and basically telling the truth about how unfair the system is..chip kelly even said Kap was nothing short of an outstanding teammate, he didn't cause no trouble in the locker room, he worked hard everyday on the field and film room, he did whatever that was asked of him during that time...anyways back to the thread...
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 07-13-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I probably should just leave this alone because of the simple fact that people gonna be people and you can't or won't change their mind but why? All he did was raised awareness to a long stemming civil rights situation and basically telling the truth about how unfair the system is..chip kelly even said Kap was nothing short of an outstanding teammate, he didn't cause no trouble in the locker room, he worked hard everyday on the field and film room, he did whatever that was asked of him during that time...anyways back to the thread...
    I understand how you feel. I feel that Kap tried to bring attention to an unjust situation with the wrong means, i.e. protesting the national anthem. He thus brought down a lot of criticism on himself from people who are not sympathetic to disrespecting the national anthem, who might otherwise have been sympathetic to his grievance.

On top of that, Kap is not a very good QB. So much of his game was built around his young athleticism; with increasing age and injuries there is not much quality left.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    I understand how you feel. I feel that Kap tried to bring attention to an unjust situation with the wrong means, i.e. protesting the national anthem. He thus brought down a lot of criticism on himself from people who are not sympathetic to disrespecting the national anthem, who might otherwise have been sympathetic to his grievance.

On top of that, Kap is not a very good QB. So much of his game was built around his young athleticism; with increasing age and injuries there is not much quality left.
    You know Raph it's one of those things you stand up people get mad, you sit down people get mad, you speak up people get mad, you stay quiet people get mad...so might as well do what you do. But this is for a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You know Raph it's one of those things you stand up people get mad, you sit down people get mad, you speak up people get mad, you stay quiet people get mad...so might as well do what you do. But this is for a different forum.
    I know.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)