Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Illegal Picks, Rubs etc

I was watching some film from last season, and it jumped out at me exactly how much illegal picks. borderline illegal rubs have become part of the way teams attack a defense, notably the Steeler/NE "offense" that revolves around setting up DBs with these rubs, and the rest. Any chance we see a way the rules are enforced changed this season?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Re: Illegal Picks, Rubs etc

No.

Rules are different for the darling teams. Like when the Patriots pulled that "legal" formation the ref never announced who was eligible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I was watching some film from last season, and it jumped out at me exactly how much illegal picks. borderline illegal rubs have become part of the way teams attack a defense, notably the Steeler/NE "offense" that revolves around setting up DBs with these rubs, and the rest. Any chance we see a way the rules are enforced changed this season?
    I wish our offense would start to use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No.

Rules are different for the darling teams. Like when the Patriots pulled that "legal" formation the ref never announced who was eligible.
    Ahh the new tuck formation, he didn't rub him off, he tucked around him. I see it clearly now
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I wish our offense would start to use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We use 'em, we'll get flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Its a huge issue in the NFL technically. I dont think the NFL actually cares because they like scoring. Having to suffer through watching a lot of Pitt and NE games, I can tell you its a staple of their offense. Nearly every redzone play is a pick or rub.

I was watching the Pittsburgh game against Dallas they start off with the rub of course to get the corner backs off that game didn't they do a little nice pass to the tight end and then they fake spiking the ball on field and throw for a touchdown. .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 07-17-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Ask Nick Saban too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Allow it. But the stuff that's marginally legal...penalize it severely, namely, ten yard penalty and an automatic fourth down. The play is too much like handing the ball off to Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl, legal but unsportsmanlike because it's so noncompetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Its a huge issue in the NFL technically. I dont think the NFL actually cares because they like scoring. Having to suffer through watching a lot of Pitt and NE games, I can tell you its a staple of their offense. Nearly every redzone play is a pick or rub.
    This right here. In the league's eyes, high scoring = more dollars. Rules intended to help the defense are less likely to be enforced on borderline plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Ahh the new tuck formation, he didn't rub him off, he tucked around him. I see it clearly now
    It clearly was just confusion by the defender. It was not a rub or a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No.

and when we asked who was eligible they flagged us for 15 yards.