Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ray Lewis' place in history

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    reggie white, deacon jones?
    Ray was the captain of the greatest Defense of all time. I'd still argue LT was more dominant and feared than Reggie white and deacon jones. both amazing hof players

As a player, a man, and a leader, he'll always be number one to us.

Frankly, suggesting that there has been another defensive player in NFL history even in the neighborhood of the impact Ray Lewis had on the Baltimore Ravens franchise is to show a complete ignorance of the game. But, apparently that is what passes for "journalism" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    As a player, a man, and a leader, he'll always be number one to us.

Frankly, suggesting that there has been another defensive player in NFL history even in the neighborhood of the impact Ray Lewis had on the Baltimore Ravens franchise is to show a complete ignorance of the game. But, apparently that is what passes for "journalism" these days.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    I'm talking more about impact on the field, than impact "on the franchise". It's pretty clear that Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor had comparable impact on the field to what Ray Lewis did; and maybe more.

For the long haul I'd rather have Ray. But for just 2 or 3 years at their peak, you could make an argument for the other guys.