Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Predict three depth chart surprises

Here's your chance to predict some unlikely depth-chart outcomes for the upcoming season. Give me three.

I'll start with three examples...

1. Ryan Jensen solidifies the center position and the offensive line plays well with this lineup: LT Stanley, LG Siragusa, C Jensen, RG Yanda, RT Lewis.

2. Anthony Levine plays 50% of defensive snaps, mostly as a linebacker in dime packages.

3. Ben Watson plays in all 16 games and exceeds 50 catches and 500 yards for the season

Re: Predict three depth chart surprises

Agree with #1. Jensen wins the starting Center job and plays slightly better than Zuttah did last season.

Perriman plays more offensive snaps than Wallace as the primary outside receiving target

Humphrey takes over the starting job on the outside from Carr by mid-season.

Would love to believe in Levine in that role, but I think Webb gets the first crack at that role and performs well there. I think we see a lot more of dime packages (or at least one MLB packages) where all 3 safeties are on the field at the same time.

1) Starting Line: Stanley - Lewis - Mangold - Yanda - Elumanor

2) Tyus Bowser solidifies the SAM position.

3) Unfortunately, McCellan is our starting ILB due to Correa's inability.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Maxx is healthy and becomes a safety blanket over the middle.

Correa becomes a heat-seeking missile and plays like Orr with coverage skills. He beats out McLellan and Beyer who both have stronger preseasons.

Chris Moore gets more yards per reception than Perriman, Maclin, or Wallace. By season's end he is getting more snaps than Wallace.

(Basically I'm an optimist and I'm all about disappoint draft picks finding redemption, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by QuothDaRaven; 07-08-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: More specificity

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    1) Starting Line: Stanley - Lewis - Mangold - Yanda - Elumanor

2) Tyus Bowser solidifies the SAM position.

3) Unfortunately, McCellan is our starting ILB due to Correa's inability.
    I don't know how surprising these would be GWNR, I find all three fairly plausible scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I don't know how surprising these would be GWNR, I find all three fairly plausible scenarios.
    I would say Elumanor starting would be maybe the most surprising pick yet on this thread. Otherwise, I might agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I would say Elumanor starting would be maybe the most surprising pick yet on this thread. Otherwise, I might agree.
    I honestly see RT as a big black hole. I wouldn't be truly surprised by anyone winning it at this point. Hurst, Eleumunor, Wesley, Nembot (NEMBOT!!!), some other dude we sign.

1 would be surprising just because of Elumanor

2 isn't that surprising.

3 would shock and disappoint the hell out of me.

I'll add a fourth:

4) Humphrey starts week 1 opposite Jimmy. Boykin in the slot. 4th CB is Carr and Slot back up is Canaday and Webb. Price is the other depth outside CB

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

1 would be surprising just because of Elumanor

2 isn't that surprising.

3 would shock and disappoint the hell out of me.

I'll add a fourth:

4) Humphrey starts week 1 opposite Jimmy. Boykin in the slot. 4th CB is Carr and Slot back up is Canaday and Webb. Price is the other depth outside CB

I'll give you Eleumunor although I really wouldn't be too surprised by any of our group of inexperienced tackles winning it. And your CB lineup still looks kind of plausible to me, lol, especially if Carr has lost a step.

I don't know bro, I think I'm just kind of numb to all the different permutations. I need some preseason in my life!!! Gonna watch the Arena League tonight, need a fix anywhere lol.

Double post sorry

I'll give you Eleumunor although I really wouldn't be too surprised by any of our group of inexperienced tackles winning it. And your CB lineup still looks kind of plausible to me, lol, especially if Carr has lost a step.

I don't know bro, I think I'm just kind of numb to all the different permutations. I need some preseason in my life!!! Gonna watch the Arena League tonight, need a fix anywhere lol.

Bro I've been watching CFL for fuck sakes. Truly some of the worst football. The officiating is worse than the replacement refs and I'm not exaggerating.

As for predictions. I think rookie starts is kind of rare so I do find them surprising. Bowser would beat out Judon for example.

CB lineup isn't that big of a surprise. I guess I'm not really responding to the OP very well lol.

- Ray Lewis

Bro I've been watching CFL for fuck sakes. Truly some of the worst football. The officiating is worse than the replacement refs and I'm not exaggerating.

As for predictions. I think rookie starts is kind of rare so I do find them surprising. Bowser would beat out Judon for example.

CB lineup isn't that big of a surprise. I guess I'm not really responding to the OP very well lol.

No you're right, especially with a head coach in a "must-win" type season. Rookies rarely get the call, so pretty much all your predictions are surprising and you answered the OP correctly.

I'm just tripping balls out here without football. It's like I'm in the desert and the only water is like... lemonade mixed with despair.

I've been watching replays of every game from last year on the NFL Replay app, even the coaches film...