Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Time in Pocket: Joe vs. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's silly because you have 2 running backs who broke a ton of tackles last season. They were both near the top the of those lists from what I remember. Why not run the ball more if that's the case?
    I'd be curious to know exactly how many of those broken tackles were behind or at the LOS last year. Seemed like our RBs had to do a lot of work just to not lose yards.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Odd that the longer amount of time, the worse Joe's stats look.
    At first glance, but the time refers to how quick the release was, not how long they had until pressured. The quick release means the target was, at least in Joe's eyes, open. The fact that Joe still threw a good number of picks and Brady had none on these quick releases probably indicates he needs to work on his pre-snap and just after the snap reads.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    so wait per BPR table there, the more time Joe had back there worse he did??? Am I looking at that right?
    No, that is time to release, so those higher times are when he was waiting for somebody to come open.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    No, that is time to release, so those higher times are when he was waiting for somebody to come open.
    ok thanks for clearing that up Gregg, at first glance it seem that way I guess RiW was thinking the same thing too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    I'd be curious to know exactly how many of those broken tackles were behind or at the LOS last year. Seemed like our RBs had to do a lot of work just to not lose yards.
    I agree. That would be a good stat to look up. I remember that being a real issue when Stanley went down. It seemed to improve when Yanda was moved to LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Still amazed at the superbowl - down 28-3 the Pats kept running the ball. If you're confident in your film work and gameplan, you don't second guess it.
    And up 28-3 Atlanta stopped running the ball. And the backs were gashing big yards every touch.

At first glance, but the time refers to how quick the release was, not how long they had until pressured. The quick release means the target was, at least in Joe's eyes, open. The fact that Joe still threw a good number of picks and Brady had none on these quick releases probably indicates he needs to work on his pre-snap and just after the snap reads.

I have nothing to add that hasn't been written already in this thread, so I just rated it.

Blog Entries

Would probably help running the same offense for a decade vs running a new offense every season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Would probably help running the same offense for a decade vs running a new offense every season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    9+ years in the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    nobody gets separation so it gets forced.
    I don't buy that no one gets separation. I think Joe quits on plays when he has ample time to set and throw and he fails to read through his progressions. Last season I studied the coach's tape after the game in Dallas. He left quite a few plays on the field. Here's the evidence in my Tale of the Tape.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I don't buy that no one gets separation. I think Joe quits on plays when he has ample time to set and throw and he fails to read through his progressions. Last season I studied the coach's tape after the game in Dallas. He left quite a few plays on the field. Here's the evidence in my Tale of the Tape.

LINK
    Personally, I think it's a combination of everything, but I will say this...it annoys the fuck out of me when someone looks at Joe's stats and then it's everybody else's fault.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.