Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The Paranormal/Conspiracies

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Holy shit. Have you ever read, "Behold a Pale Horse", by William Cooper?
    I have. It's a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

A few years ago my wife offered to babysit the children of our recently divorced neighbor. One day the boy, who was around 4 at the time was playing with his toy gun, aiming it at my wife and saying, "pow, you're dead" to which my wife would fall on the floor and fake like she had been shot. After a few minutes, the kid straightened up and got real serious. "Your son got shot?", he said. My wife said, "no, Anthony (our 28 year old son) is fine." He then said, "I meant your brother. Who shot him? Why did they shoot him?". He persistently asked her over the course of 5 minutes or so. My wife, then visibly upset, had to leave the room. You see, her younger brother had tragically died in 1990 as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. I'm normally pretty skeptical about stuff like this, but it freaked me out, too. I don't know where he could have got that from.
    That's creepy as hell.

Blog Entries

Another weird thing that happened to me was with my wife, but st the time she was my girlfriend.

My wife is blond and we started dating in December 2004. Prior to her, I was dating this other girl who was also blond.

My mom lives in Easton, Md and the other girl I dated before my wife went to the same college as me, but she lived in Denton, Md (also on the Eastern Shore).

When I was dating her, I had a dream one night that I was driving with her and we were heading westbound over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I couldn't see her face, but could tell she was blond and she was telling me about her roommates boyfriend and how she didn't like him, etc. in the dream, she also went on to tell me about a biology class she was taking.

Well, in reality, that never happened with my then girlfriend, but because she was blond and lived on the eastern shore not too far from my mom's house, I didn't think much of it.

Flash forward a year and my wife (then girlfriend) is visiting my mom with me in Easton and then we left to head back to college (this would have been Feb/March 2005). As soon as we hit the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, deja vu hit me real hard and I just flashed back to that dream and it just made sense. Here I was driving over the bridge with my girlfriend, who was blond, and she was talking about her roommate and her roommate's boyfriend.

I then proceeded to freak her out by finishing her sentences and then telling her that she was going to talk to me about her biology class, which she was because she had a mid term exam that week.

Very odd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have. It's a good read.

Your experience just reminded me of the account he gave in his book.

A few years ago my wife offered to babysit the children of our recently divorced neighbor. One day the boy, who was around 4 at the time was playing with his toy gun, aiming it at my wife and saying, "pow, you're dead" to which my wife would fall on the floor and fake like she had been shot. After a few minutes, the kid straightened up and got real serious. "Your son got shot?", he said. My wife said, "no, Anthony (our 28 year old son) is fine." He then said, "I meant your brother. Who shot him? Why did they shoot him?". He persistently asked her over the course of 5 minutes or so. My wife, then visibly upset, had to leave the room. You see, her younger brother had tragically died in 1990 as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. I'm normally pretty skeptical about stuff like this, but it freaked me out, too. I don't know where he could have got that from.
    Sounds like a lot of what my family told me about stuff I would say.

Side note - I appreciate you not using hte term "committed suicide". Really wish we could get away from that type of language.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Side note - I appreciate you not using hte term "committed suicide". Really wish we could get away from that type of language.
    The way he wrote it I took it as a accident, not as a suicide with different words
    Last edited by usmccharles; 08-01-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    The way he wrote it I took it as a accident, not as a suicide with different words
    Ah my apologies if so to terpsfan!!! I read it the other way. Didn't mean to imply anything.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Ah my apologies if so to terpsfan!!! I read it the other way. Didn't mean to imply anything.
    May I ask why that certain word bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    May I ask why that certain word bothers you?
    There's been a shift in the literature on the effect of stigma by using the term "committed" suicide. "Committed" implies wrongdoing. The reality is that many people that die by suicide (appropriate terminology) suffer from mental illness and in their lives they are not committing a wrongdoing.

Some articles on the matter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/arthur-...b_7849576.html

http://www.suicide.org/stop-saying-c...d-suicide.html

This isn't just from a mental health advocacy perspective either. It's in the academic literature. We should be striving to treat mental illness the way we talk about physical illness. If someone dies of cancer we do not say they committed something. Instead they died of _____ for example. So we should do the same for the outcome of a loss via mental illness.

Academic literature links:

http://csp.cloud8.ionlinehosting.net...Y%3D&tabid=554

I've had the pleasure to work with Robert Olson on some of the safe messaging work in suicide.

Completely off topic, but thought I'd share.
    - Ray Lewis