Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Projected 2017 Depth Chart - Pre-Camp

Then again people were calling Stanely a jag by mid-season. Then he comes back and kills it the last 6 games, so I guess we're quick to react.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Also, regarding the OL, don't forget Yanda hasn't taken a single snap yet this offseason, and right now it's looking like he won't be ready for training camp either. He's saying his target is Week 1 right now.

That means the #1 OL on the first day of camp is probably going to be some combination of Stanley, Lewis, Urschel, Jensen, and Hurst. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Also, regarding the OL, don't forget Yanda hasn't taken a single snap yet this offseason, and right now it's looking like he won't be ready for training camp either. He's saying his target is Week 1 right now.

That means the #1 OL on the first day of camp is probably going to be some combination of Stanley, Lewis, Urschel, Jensen, and Hurst. Yikes.
    One one hand, it gives the two rookies snaps. On the other hand, Joe may die in the preseason.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Then again people were calling Stanely a jag by mid-season. Then he comes back and kills it the last 6 games, so I guess we're quick to react.
    He was bad in the beginning he got much better with Yanda next to him. I'm pretty sure I saw others referring to Lewis in the same manner BPR being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

But everyone is so worried about Mangolds health. I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He was bad in the beginning he got much better with Yanda next to him. I'm pretty sure I saw others referring to Lewis in the same manner BPR being one of them.

Yanda didn't help him with guys bending the edge on his outside shoulder. I'm not going to take that away from him. Stanley, himself, got better as the season went on. Like you'd expect from a rookie playing the hardest position on the OL.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That's just being smart with a very important veteran player. Keep him fresh until the season counts; Mallett will get a lot of playing time in PS

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yanda didn't help him with guys bending the edge on his outside shoulder. I'm not going to take that away from him. Stanley, himself, got better as the season went on. Like you'd expect from a rookie playing the hardest position on the OL.
    I'm not saying he didn't but he was bad at the beginning. And got much better

I'm not saying he didn't but he was bad at the beginning. And got much better

Which is exactly why you are patient with rookies. It's one thing to judge after the first year, but to be calling him bad mid-season and be talking about a busted pick is ridiculous.

But that's what happens on this board, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Which is exactly why you are patient with rookies. It's one thing to judge after the first year, but to be calling him bad mid-season and be talking about a busted pick is ridiculous.

But that's what happens on this board, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
    It's not this board go read any other teams board

I think they felt Henry made Jernigan expendable. Henry had 6.5 sacks in his last year. Similar size to Jernigan. The difference? He plays hard every snap, but is less skilled.
    and hopefully without the bonehead penalties.

It's not this board go read any other teams board

but we are Ravens fans and should be against such ill mannered frivolity.